Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi from Jersey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Jersey!

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and although I don't technically fit the profile of a medical school spouse I'm a pretty good substitute.

Here's the details:

I'm 25 and in pharmaceuticals (clinical trial-FDA stuff). I used to be a synthetic drug discovery chemist. My medical student boyfriend and I are happily co-habitating as he begins his second year tomorrow.

After looking around the site I'm very excited to meet everyone. You've all helped me understand the way things work from the supportive side and I can't thank you enough for all that.

So... hope you're all enjoying this last little bit of summer as much as I am and I can't wait to get to know you better!
    Liz

Re: Hi from Jersey!

Originally posted by Liz2254
    My medical student boyfriend and I are happily co-habitating as he begins his second year
    Same here. Welcome!
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Welcome Liz,
      The East coast ranks are growing!!! I am Luanne, I am laso in New Jersey. My husband is a Pulmonologist and I am an RN. Welcome, you will find this site extremely helpful.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Liz -
        I lived in Central NJ for 14 years, just moved to CT for residency.
        Is your bf at umdnj? which campus? My wife went to RWJMS.
        I miss the area.
        Welcome!
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Liz,
          Welcome to the sight - it is full of information.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for the big welcome!

Fluffhead,
            My boyfriend is at UMDNJ up in Newark so we moved there last fall. He's from central Jersey and I moved there from Illinois for my job in 1999. That was a big adjustment and so was moving to Newark. Now we're pretty settled and I'm living it up on public transportation.

He just brought up the whole should he look for residencies in other states thing at the mall this weekend, which is why I looked up this sight. I've done the big transition thing and I don't think either one of us really wants to live here forever... but because I remember what it was like to move and start over... I knew this was part of the deal and I'm ready to go whenever. It's the uncertainty of it all that scares me. I like to know the plan and you just can't in this situation.

Sigh.

But he's back to the grind today. Lasy year wasn't completely awful. We had a lot of fun in between the studying. And we have all sorts of fun things sprinkled into the first semester. I will just relax and enjoy things as they come. No need to get all stressed about Step 1 and rotations yet, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Liz2254
              No need to get all stressed about Step 1 and rotations yet, right?
              RIGHT! There's always enough things to get stressed out about at the moment, why get stressed out about things which haven't even happened yet?
              Don't even think about residency locations - there's plenty of time to worry about that next year, and the year after (and the year after that... )
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Fluffhead,
                Did your wife do any rotations at Medical Center of Princeton?
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

No - She did all the others though - but somehow never made it to Princeton.
                  Jersey Shore was the best - half the med students went surfing in the afternoon.
                  Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                  Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                  X