Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am new to all of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new to all of this

Hello,
    My name is Lisa and I am the wife of a 1st year medical student @ the University of Washington. He is actually in the WWAMI program, which means he will complete his first year in his home state of Wyoming. So right now we are in Wyoming and will be moving out to Seattle in May. I am really excited to find this site, it has been fun reading a lot of the forums. Any advice you can give me would be great!
    Lisa

Lisa,
    Welcome to the board! My biggest piece of advice for med school is to support them when they need, leave them alone when they need to study, and have your own activities/friends. My husband is finishing up med school this year, in fact he's applying for a residency at U Wash. You'll get lots of useful information on the boards, while you'll find most people are wife of residents we're getting more med student spouses/significant others!

Good luck and welcome!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I second everything Cheri said (well put!). Welcome, lisaann!
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Lisaann,

Welcome to the boards as your journey unfolds. I believe that Crystal, a member here, may be at U.W., or at least in Seattle, so she would be a great point of contact for you. Please let us know if you have any questions....we love to talk!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome to the site. There are many of us here at different stages of the medical career path. I am Luanne, I am a nurse and my husband is a Pulmonologist (we are the oldies here).
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Lisa! Welcome!

As Kelly said- my hubby is at UW. He's a third year anesthesia resident, as well as a former WY resident. I'm guessing you guys are in Laramie? Matt is from Lander, in fact we are going there in a couple of weeks to see his family-- showing off our new baby.

When you guys get ready to move out here- I know of affordable yet nice places to live. There is also a spouses group at UW, and yes we accept medical students.

If you have any questions, or want any info feel free to email me.

Crystal
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
            X