Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hello.

I've been reading here a year or more, have read years of archives as well, and finally decided to drop in.

I am an empty-nester (fairly recent event), married to a guy who was a doc way before I met him...so, yeah, he's an attending - but I didn't suffer training with him (can give input on YEARS out of training, though). Boatload of kids/ grandkids & life experience. General result? I'm a total nutcase. Its not so bad, really, if one embraces it ()!

I am generally a very private woman (thus the hesitation in joining; been burned a few times), but you guys are the most outspoken, down-to-earth, and intelligent group I've monitored in a looooong time. You've also made me laugh so hard I've choked a time or two! BEST quality I could ask for in any new friends!

Can I stay a bit (and remember that I warned you about being a nutcase!!)?

- M -

Welcome to the group!

Comment

BTDT

and

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

What the HECK does that mean, Cinderella? I'm pretty tech-savvy, but I've never seen that one. - M (This post's insight on M: EM wife...EM docs LOVE the absurd!)

Comment

BTDT = Been there, done that...

Comment

Welcome! Stick around, and I promise it will get even better.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Gotcha. Diggitydot, YOU are the one I most always remember to avoid if I'm reading while eating! You are HILARIOUS - or maybe its just 'cuz you seem to "call 'em like you sees 'em!"

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

We welcome everyone of all ages and stages of medical lifestyle.
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Thanks to all of you. I knew the responses would come quickly. I am - in general - afraid of "Drs.' wives," but - somehow - you guys make me think they can be normal people, too (long story). Thanks for the welcome ! (Yes, this statement is COMPLETELY a result of being pre-judged by others.)

Comment

I should've been clearer: I'm generally afraid of non-Dr. wives as well.

Foot in mouth? Yup. Excuse me while I see someone about that! Luckily, he's off tonight!

LOL!

M

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.
                        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome! Glad you've decided to join us!
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome!
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Glad that you finally decided to join in. You must know which ones of us are generally snarky and bitchy. You know, like diggitydot. Not me. Nope. Never me. I'm all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

Excuse me while I go eat bon bons, dahling. Put your feet up and stay awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X