Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Aloha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha!

Another introduction here-- I'm wife to a PGY2 (in a few days!) internal medicine resident. My husband is in the Army and doing his residency in Hawaii, so we're living in paradise and enjoying island life... when he has time off of course I work from home entirely telecommuting with clients I built up when we lived on the East Coast before residency and so it's been a struggle to find ways to meet people and get out of the house when he works long hours. Still slowly adjusting to living here and residency after a year! Anyway, I'm so thrilled to find this site and others who can relate to the situation and give advice.

Welcome!
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!
      I'm happy you fund us as well! I don't know how much this site will help you get out of the house & meet people...it can be a very addicting source of support, commiseration & friendship!!

Comment

Welcome! How long have you been married? What's your favorite part of living in Hawaii?
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Aloha!
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I said hello in the military thread but thought I'd pop over here too.

I'm going to be picking your brain about Hawaii in about 15 months should we get stationed there!!! Just saying!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Aloha and welcome!

Comment

Welcome! I'm pretty sure you are living my husband's residency dream. Well, he has two. In the other one we are living in Augusta and he gets to play Augusta National.

Oahu, right?
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome to the group, so glad you found us!!! Residency and island time can be really lonely. Totally get it!
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Aloha!
                    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Thanks everyone! We just got married last year before we moved to Hawaii in a quick courthouse ceremony, but we're planning a larger wedding celebration for this September, so that's been one thing keeping me busy. We've been together for 8 years, so I already survived the ups and downs of med school-- which now seems like nothing compared to residency . Hawaii is great, although far from friends and family. I certainly can't complain about the beaches, hiking trails, and general laid-back style of life here.

Comment

welcome!
                        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome! What line of work are you in? I telecommuted for 2.5 years during internship and residency. It's lonely and difficult work, I know.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Science and medical writing. So I spend a good amount of time on the phone, but most of my time emailing, writing, and editing. I love what I do but do miss being in an office around people!

Comment

Welcome!! Please head down to all the different forums below and join in!

Aaand because I have the mind of a teenaged boy, I initially read your username to be "Holding the Fart".

Comment

Working...
                              X