Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another Newbie in the crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie in the crowd

Greetings everyone!
    I just thought I should introduce myself. I am the husband of a wonderful Doctor to be. Today we sit through the horrific days of waiting for acceptace letters. As you can guess, my wife has anthropomorphized the mailbox. Each day she runs to it in hopes of finding a letter telling her that she accepted to this shcool or that. You all know this process and how daunting it can be when dealing with the emotions and stress induced by this event.
    To date, she has been accepted to two out-of-state (Virginia Commonwealth Medical School and Eastern Virginia Medical School)Medical Schools. However, her heart and desires are to go to UNC. Being a resident of North Carolina, the cost will be better for our pocket and we will not need to move.
    Now begins the horrific task of getting grants, loans and the like. Any suggestions?
    A little about me:
    I am a tech geek. I work in computers and have a part time job waiting tables. I am 40. My darling wife is 29. We have a lovely home in, BEAUTIFUL, Raleigh, NC. We have no children at this time but that thought crosses our mind once in a while.
    I look forward to any thoughts, ideas and suggestions this group has to offer.
    Thank you and have a FANTASTIC day!
    A

Welcome Altimus!

We have tons of advice and even more opinions. (this is NOT a shy group) so come on down and join in! We have a seperate section for you guys and I'm sure they would love to have a new face in the crowd.

I (thankfully) did not meet my husband until he was in his third yearof med school so I can't imagine your life right now! But, lots of people here know exactly what you're going through. You will see that no matter where you are in the journey we have people who are right there with you and still others who have gone before.

Again, Welcome!!

Jenn

Comment

Re: Another Newbie in the crowd

Originally posted by Altimus
      Greetings everyone!
      As you can guess, my wife has anthropomorphized the mailbox. Each day she runs to it in hopes of finding a letter telling her that she accepted to this shcool or that.
      I remember those days well. My boyfriend joked that the mailman would probably take out a restraining order on him by the time the process was over.

With two acceptances already, sounds like she's in a good position. Congratulations and welcome!
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Welcome,
        We definitely are not a shy group!!!! I am Luanne, my husband is a Pulmonologist. We are in New Jersey. This is a great place.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thank you all!

I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome and to say that I think this a wonderful use of the internet.
          Have Fun and PLAY NICE!

Comment

You have found a great resource for the medical spouse! It is a great place to unload the frustrations of medical life from our view point, and to share the milestones as your (soon-to-be)medical student buds into a wonderful doctor!!

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Altimus.

We're glad that you found us.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
              X