Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi everyone-former lurker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone-former lurker

Hi everyone--
    I have lurked here many times in the past few years, but haven't posted. I want to thank you for getting me through some tough times in the past...and now that I am nearing the end of the "training tunnel", I was hoping for some location information.
    Info on me--I am a neuro PhD, former researcher current stay at home mom to a 7 yr old DS and 4 yr old DD. My husband is in PGY 7 gynecologic oncology in Boston--he did OB/GYN at Hopkins previously. We are currently fielding job offers (doesn't that sound important!) and trying to decide where to land our family for a while.....
    Nice to finally say hello!

Angie
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Nice to meet you. r u planning on going back to neuro? I know Brown does some neuro type research.
    Anyway, welcome, and welcome to southern New England if you decide to come down this way.
    (from another Ph.D. turned stay at home parent)
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

Hi Angie,

Welcome. I have to warn you that as a former lurker that once I started talking, I couldn't stop! I wish you well finding a great final position.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'll have to be careful----if I talk to much, I always put my foot in my mouth! Lurking keeps me safe from offending anyone unintentionally....

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
          I'll have to be careful----if I talk to much, I always put my foot in my mouth! Lurking keeps me safe from offending anyone unintentionally....

Angie
          Oh, I think everyone around here is used to being offended unintentionally.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

But we remain intentionally unoffended...

If you at Hopkins then you know first hand the joys and traumas of the Baltimore/Dc corridor! I love it here but then, I don't drive to work!

Jenn

Comment

Julie wrote:

Oh, I think everyone around here is used to being offended unintentionally.

Jenn wrote:

But we remain intentionally unoffended...
              You guys crack me up...and basically, those two comments sum up the reigning attitude around here, Angie, so start posting!

I wish you the best in your search for the "perfect" place to raise your family. We are just starting to look for when DH is done with his military committment and it is a confusing task. My husband is an OB/GYN.....we have a very good friend who is finishing a GYN/ONC fellowship at Barnes in St. Louis, but he is military and so will be active duty once fellowship is over.

Nice to "meet" you.....seriously, I think we have all fallen into both the intentionally unoffended AND the unintentionally offensive categories,(I know I have!) so don't be shy.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Welcome out of lurkdom! Look forward to getting to know you better.

We are currently enjoying the pleasures of a dermatology research fellowship and will be moving to Portland in June for my husband's derm residency. We have a 3 yo daughter and baby (sex unknown) due in mid-Jan. I work as a consultant in health care policy and have been way, way too busy lately!

Comment

Working...
                X