Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New :)

Hi all! I'm very excited to be in this group
    I look forward to supporting everyone and to having someone listen to my stories without that crazy look on their face like I'm from another planet!
    I'm 31 and engaged to a PGY 3 Urologist in upstate NY. I currently don't work

Welcome! In the words of the Cheshire Cat, "We're all mad here"...
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome. Are you from Syracuse?
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Welcome! Fellow Uro spouse here (PGY1 aka "the intern"), we definitely get it!!
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Welcome!
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Welcome to the crapfest. We get it.

Comment

Welcome to Crazyville!
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Yes, I have been here 24 years. You?

Comment

oh, " the good ole' days"! Don't take the first year for granted, for me it got alot worse! After pgy 2 80 hours went to 95, then they changed hospital policy. If he spent his 'on call' the entire time in the hospital, they'd give him the next day off. Now, he could be working an entire 24 hour call shift and have to do a 12 ontop of it. He comes home so broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcrossed View Post
                        oh, " the good ole' days"! Don't take the first year for granted, for me it got alot worse! After pgy 2 80 hours went to 95, then they changed hospital policy. If he spent his 'on call' the entire time in the hospital, they'd give him the next day off. Now, he could be working an entire 24 hour call shift and have to do a 12 ontop of it. He comes home so broken.
                        Yeah, this is the way that the current system works. They have an assigned call day but they don't have post call because all call is from home. So if they got called in, he's on 36 straight hours.
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Welcome!
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Hi there! Fellow uro spouse. Hang in there, attending life as a uro isn't bad at all. Welcome!
                            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Welcome!
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X