Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ED husband in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED husband in Chicago

Yes, men can have spouses that are doctors
    I'm sure there must be some on here, somewhere but I havent seen one.
    Me: BA, MS, DD Her: BA, MBA, MD

Back to Chicago after med school and residency.
    Family is a wife and a fluffy dog.

Mini mid life crises when my wife when I were dating. She said she always wanted to be a doctor. I said; "Go for it"
    Within two months of being married we were selling our homes and moving to med school.
    Four years after that we hit residency match. The location suprised me so much people said I was catatonic for two days. People were asking my wife what was wrong with me and when I was going to "snap out" of it.
    Pretty much have almost no memory of those two days.
    Three years of residncy in a city that I can best descibe as "Children of the Corn"

Finished residency and are now back in our home town of Chicago.

Welcome. We have a handful of awesome guys on this site.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

My SO is also in EM...welcome!

Comment

Welcome, from another spouse of a very-non-trad ED doc with no human kids! We're about 10 years behind you, but my husband was the same age as your wife was when we started this. We moved from the PNW to Cleveland for school, and managed to stay here for residency, which started last July. Looking forward to getting to know you; there are a few other guys around here, though they tend to be a little less active than us females are.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Alacrity View Post

The location suprised me so much people said I was catatonic for two days. People were asking my wife what was wrong with me and when I was going to "snap out" of it.
          Pretty much have almost no memory of those two days.
          Three years of residncy in a city that I can best descibe as "Children of the Corn"

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the group! We have a handful of dudes roaming around here and there. You're in good company.

Comment

Welcome! Glad you've returned to the land of the living post-training
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Welcome!
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome!
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Welcome! I'm not a dude, but my husband and I are non-traditional. He took 3 years off before starting med school, and I finished my PhD early in his 2nd year.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Welcome!
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Children of the corn... Bwahahaha.

Welcome. Please stick around, we truly value the input from our male member.
                        Kris

Comment

Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Interesting how there seems to be a lot or Doctor & PHD marriages.

When I get a call asking for Doctor X, I always ask; "Which one?"
                            Do the educated attract each other, or is it the nerosies that drive a person to get over educated attract?

When people tell me about us they say two things. 1) My wife is very pretty 2) We compliment each other.
                            What? Beauty and the Beast?

Comment

Another non-trad medicine couple here. 100 days into our marriage, we moved for internship uprooting my career and breaking my mother's heart. We are almost done with residency in a city that could very well be the place where you did time. Glad you found us. Post often.
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X