Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to The group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to The group!

Hey Everyone, I was trilled when I ran across this site while aimlessly searching today. Well a little bit about me I'm a nursing student/ part time cna that enjoys everything from pure barre to gourmet cooking. Just got engaged to the love of my life who happens to be an inspiring pediatric cardio thoracic surgeon which keeps him very busy. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about y'all! - Meghan

Welcome to the crapfest, Meghan.

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Welcome!
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome! Glad you found us!

Comment

Welcome! By inspiring, do you mean he is still in med school, residency, or fellowship?
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome welcome!

Comment

Welcome! Where is he in training?
                  I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Welcome!
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I read "inspiring pediatric cardio thoracic surgeon" and thought "Oh, poor baby!" BTW, I hope you mean aspiring and not inspiring. There will be plenty of people who think he's inspiring without having to wash his dirty socks. At what stage of training is he?
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome!
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by megentry View Post
                          Just got engaged to the love of my life who happens to be an inspiring pediatric cardio thoracic surgeon which keeps him very busy. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about y'all! - Meghan
                          Do you mean "aspiring"?

Oh, hon -- it's a damn good thing you found us early in the journey. You two have a loooooong road ahead if he's in med school. And don't sweat it if he changes directions after a particularly rough (or great) rotation. A lot can change between now and the match for residency. Truly, for your sake, I hope he changes his mind because his desired specialty has a crazy long training time. But if he doesn't, feel free to come in here to vent when shit goes sideways. We get it. Promise.

Comment

Yup. What DD said. That specialty is a horrendously long road.
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X