Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! Non-trads here as well (four years between undergrad and med school, so we're among the minority of late-twentysomething students in his class). Also, I'm finishing up my master's in English--emphasis on technical editing so I'm a fellow editor as well!
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Hello!
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
        Hello!
        Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone better!

Comment

I'd love to hear your story -- I'm interested in hearing other second career dr stories especially. If you've posted it somewhere already, would you link it to it? thx...

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
            Welcome! PGY2 EM here, also second career (we're both 42), DH was also an engineer (computer; we were both programming for a living when we met). Glad you found us!
            So glad not to be alone! Would love to hear your story. If you've posted it, would you link to it?

Comment

Welcome to the group. We're non-trad FM, too. DH was a neurobiology researcher and hospital lab tech prior to med school. Apparently, holding down two jobs prepared him well for the crapfest of med school and training.

Comment

Welcome! Another (sort of) Texan here. Dallas area.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

welcome. age seem to matter a lot less in residency than med school. there 'seem' to be a lot more older people in residency than med school.. not sure why. also as people get older (aka residents), they care less about the age of their peers.

Comment

Welcome! Glad you found us. Another fellow Texan here and missing Austin as the years crawl on.
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                      X