Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New here and very excited to find this network :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and very excited to find this network :-)

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself and get to know everyone. I live in Philadelphia, and my husband just started a residency in internal med this year - so I'm pretty new to this whole residency spouse thing. We have been together many years and were recently married Lucky for me, my husband was able to match close to where we have been so I was able to keep a job I love. I'm a lawyer so I work pretty long hours, but the hours seem short compared to the hubby's. I'm trying to get used to everything but the hours and stress have been a big change - whew. Looking forward to pursuing these forums and getting some perspective from others who are farther into this process than us!

Welcome. We have quite a few lawyers on this site. Congrats on the new marriage.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome!
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Welcome! My DH did an IM residency and I am/was a lawyer . Does your DH plan to do a fellowship after residency?

Comment

Greetings! I'm one of the other lawyer spouses, although I certainly don't have the same degree of affection toward this job as you...
          - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Welcome!
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome and congrats! I'm not a lawyer, but another career spouse.
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Welcome. Another lawyer/doctor couple here. But I've retired.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome! Not a lawyer but finishing up a Master's! I am sure residency is such an overwhelming change...maybe I've missed something in my 9 months on this board but I don't think there are currently very many (if any) IM resident spouses. We'll be matching into IM in 2016. Looking forward to getting to know you!
                    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome to the ranks! Hope to hear from you often.
                        wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Welcome! Another lawyer spouse here!

Comment

welcome. i find dw's residency to be ok for me. now residency + babies + mortgage + full time job. kill me now..

Comment

Welcome!

My DH did IM and Peds before gifting me with the wonderful fellowship years.
                              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Working...
                              X