Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello from a newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!

Comment

Hi LadyFoot - from one newbie to another - welcome!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I look forward to getting to know everyone better!

Originally posted by DrBandMe View Post

Have your adventures this year taken you anywhere exotic or exciting?
        Haha, nothing too exotic or exciting so far. Mostly around the Midwest/Great Lakes states. We've gotten to stay in some pretty sweet apartments, though. I found almost all our housing through airbnb.com, and I can't recommend the site enough!
        Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFoot View Post
            We've gotten to stay in some pretty sweet apartments, though. I found almost all our housing through airbnb.com, and I can't recommend the site enough!
            OH YES! I love that site immensely! Great recommendation!
            wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Airbnb is fantastic!

Comment

Welcome!

How great that you're able to travel with him. I always thought that would be a lot of fun to live in new cities without commitment.

I know nothing about podiatry residencies. Is there more than one type? How long are they? When does the match take place? At any rate, good luck!! I met my husband after residency (yay!) so I missed out on that special brand of hell.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, I'm super glad I've been able to travel with him!

I'm still learning about residency details, but in my understanding it's a fairly similar process to the MD/DO match, just a different pool of programs that are foot and ankle surgery specific. Residencies are 3 years and some people do an additional 1-year fellowship. The super nice thing is that almost all residency interviews are at one central location (Texas this year) in January. A stressful week, but it will be nice to have them all over with at once!
                  Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, I'm super glad I've been able to travel with him!
                    Not gonna lie -- I'm kind of jealous of peeps able to travel with their med student. That's an awesome opportunity to be together and see new cities, even if your MS is super busy. Such a cool thing to do.

Comment

Sounds fun to me traveling is so much harder if/when you start the family stage. You'll be so glad you built those memories together. Good luck and welcome to the boards.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

Wow! So he only had to go to Texas to do all of his interviews??? That's so smart! Why don't the other specialties do that?

Comment

The super nice thing is that almost all residency interviews are at one central location (Texas this year) in January. A stressful week, but it will be nice to have them all over with at once!
                          That is seriously awesome!! Some of the stories I've heard about traveling zigzag across the country for interviews sound nightmarish, not to mention the extreme costs involved.

Comment

Welcome, it sounds exciting to travel with him. Very smart to have all interviews in one place, I wish they all did that.
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                            X