Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Advice for PA student wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for PA student wife

Hello,

I am a newlywed, married in March 2013. My husband, Michael, was accepted to the Pacific University PA Program in Portland, Oregon. We will be relocating from Arizona in April. Seeking advice from any PA student wives who can help me to accept and appreciate the stress of relocation and prepare for rotations.

Thank you for all that you do! Happy Thanksgiving.

KC
    Newlymed
    Wife of PA Student
    Graduating Class of 2016

Hi! Congrats!

We don't have any PA spouses here - just MD/DO Sorry!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Well maybe I can be your first.
      Newlymed
      Wife of PA Student
      Graduating Class of 2016

Comment

Absolutely!! I'm applying to PA school this year. Stick around.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by newlymed View Post
          Hello,

I am a newlywed, married in March 2013. My husband, Michael, was accepted to the Pacific University PA Program in Portland, Oregon. We will be relocating from Arizona in April. Seeking advice from any PA student wives who can help me to accept and appreciate the stress of relocation and prepare for rotations.

Thank you for all that you do! Happy Thanksgiving.

KC
          I don't know much about the PA process, but I lived in Hillsboro for 12 years, and have friends in Forest Grove and have spent a lot of time there (including doing tech work for TITG, the community theater there), and DH volunteered at Tuality ED in Hillsboro and I think met some PA students from Pacific while he was there. I hope you enjoy the PNW; let me know if you have any questions about the area!
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
            Hi! Congrats!

We don't have any PA spouses here - just MD/DO Sorry!
            ...well, we don't have any ACTIVE PA student spouses...till now!
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Welcome! Like she said we are all MD or DO spouses. How long is your husband's program?
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Thank you! We are looking to live in Hillsboro. I will let you know if I have questions about the area. It will be nice to be in PNW for a while--different from Arizona.
                Newlymed
                Wife of PA Student
                Graduating Class of 2016

Comment

I grew up in Hillsboro and my parents still live there. We are in NW Portland, so feel free to PM me for more info! I can tell you anything and everything about Hillsboro and Portland, as well as Pacific. I was in the PsyD program there, and my DH's PA graduated from there. Welcome!
                  Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Congratulations to you! To which schools are you planning to apply?
                    Newlymed
                    Wife of PA Student
                    Graduating Class of 2016

Comment

It is 27 months; 15 months of which are rotation.
                      Newlymed
                      Wife of PA Student
                      Graduating Class of 2016

Comment

Welcome!

We did 9 months of training in Portland, fun city! Enjoy!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome to the group. There are lots of PNW peeps around here!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                              X