Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

Just found this board after randomly searching on Google.

I'm in the UK, hope that's OK with you all I haven't found any other Brits yet!

I'm fiancee to a doctor (CT3 in Psychiatry, I believe we're different over here). We've been together almost 7 years and are planning to get married next year.

I don't have any friends or relatives who are also girl friends/fiancees/wives of doctors so have been looking for somewhere like this. We have a wonderful relationship, I wouldn't change him for anything. Medicine is tough though which a lot of people around me don't seem to realise. Everyone seems to think we have a lot of money, go to a lot of functions and have an all round perfect life. The last year or so has been a struggle (exams etc) so I have been looking for somewhere where I can hopefully share thoughts with people who are going through and feeling similar. I'm looking forward to reading and posting!

Hello!

You found the right place! Welcome. Jump in and join the conversation. What do you do (work, hobbies...)?
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

I work with children in a nursery (between the ages of 1-4). It's very fun. I would eventually like to be a primary school teacher (I'm still at college part time... It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up haha).

Hobbies... I'm a massive reader. I love the library. I walk and cycle a lot. I love travelling, I want to see as much of the world as possible! Crafty things are also a bit passion (although I don't have as much time as I like for it these days!)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard! We get it!!!

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you. I'm curious to know what the US equivalent of CT3 would be - sounds like your husband-to-be has already graduated from medical school and is now doing his training? Congrats on your upcoming wedding. My husband is a second year medical student (2 more years of medical school, then he'll do three years of training, and potentially 3 - 5 extra years of fellowships before being totally finished) and we have been married for 1.5 years. We got married when we'd been together 5 years.

You're right that it's hard to find people outside of the community who really understand the financial, emotional, and mental burden you undertake when you participate in this career path - whether you are the actually doctor or the spouse/child of one. A huge running joke here is how rich everyone thinks doctor's families are when really no one truly understand the amount of debt you have to deal with before all the education and training pays off!

Glad you found us, this community has become completely indispensable to me. My husband and I moved away from all of our friends and family to start medical school and finding this group of medical spouses has helped me more than I can possibly say.

We've got a Book Club section - there are many, many avid readers here. Many of us are also on Goodreads.com where we can share book suggestions, etc.

Post often, we totally get you!

PS - in 2011 I did a month long study abroad in London and completely fell in love with the UK. I would love to visit many more places over there - very beautiful and full of rich history!
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Hi! Psychiatrist's wife here. We speak your language here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome!
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome to the group! We have a couple other members from the UK, I think.

We completely understand the inherent weirdness with the medical crapfest. Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      Welcome to the group! We have a couple other members from the UK, I think.

We completely understand the inherent weirdness with the medical crapfest. Welcome.
                      Yes and yes!

Welcome!
                      Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome!!
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!!! I am getting married to my man this year, too! When is your big day?
                              wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Working...
                              X