Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to the forums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forums!

Hello Everyone!!!! My name is Laura and I just joined today! A couple months ago my boyfriend/future fiance blind sided me with the news that he wants to go to med school. He will take his MCAT's in April and graduate with his BS in May. I will graduate in Dec. We plan on getting married the following Sept. I'm concerned about being newlyweds during this time but I'm looking forward to a msg board/support system to help us. I have a feeling this is going to be the best tool for me!

Laura

Welcome Laura! This is a great resource...one I wish I had known about sooner!! Congrats on your upcoming nuptuals and again, welcome. This is a great site!!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the boards. You'll find people at all stages of the medical partnership here so post often! This has been a great and comforting resource for me. Again, welcome.

Comment

Welcome!
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Welcome to this wonderful place.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome Laura!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Wow ... first let me tell you that I'm sorry he blindsided you with his decision but then let me tell you that you are a very strong woman for supporting him with this decision.

My husband has always wanted to be a doctor and so when he proposed he asked to be married before applying to medical school. I am glad that we did that ... we have had an entire year without medical school stress and it's been nice as newlyweds.

Hope to see you around more!!

Comment

Working...
              X