Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back!

Hi everyone!

I was a regular member 7 years ago ( Mrsb2b) when my husband was a resident in Boston. I've stayed in touch with a couple of members (hello ladies! Have no idea what your current user names are now!) He returned to Ireland just before the birth of our daughter who is almost 7 and continued a very very long training in emergency. He has been a consultant/attending for 2 years.

We are about to emigrate in Abu Dhabi and my husband will be back in the American system and even though we are not in AD yet, already there are beginning to hear about family occasion band spouse meet ups.

I'm nervous! We leave Ireland next Saturday, I will be arriving in Abu Dhabi 35 weeks pregnant with our 4th child and for past 7 years I've never met my husbands work colleagues other than bumping into them outside work in the city by accident and I couldn't tell you most of his colleagues names let alone spouses, it's just not the done thing within his speciality. I am nervous! Huge and hormonal also for the time being! So that's why I've rejoined!

I'm really excited about the move! But it is nerve wrecking being very pregnant and moving to such a huge climate change, and being due the same week the children start their new school in a new country and my husband starting a new job in a system he hasn't worked in for years! I'm sure the craziness will keep things interesting for a few months!

Hi!! What a nice surprise to see you back on the this site. I've been meaning to check in w/you on FB, about your upcoming move; I knew it was happening but didn't realize it was so soon!!

Comment

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Wow! I remember you. Has it been 7 years? So glad to see you again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome back!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Welcome back!!!
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Hey!! It is my first IMSN meet up! I have missed you and often thought about you. So happy to hear things are going well...and glad that you are back!!
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome back! I've often wondered how you were getting on. Best of luck with the move and take care. What an adventure!
                Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Welcome back!
                  Last edited by ladymoreta; 07-27-2014, 04:50 PM.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome back!
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Yay so many familiar faces/user names!

Yes it really has been 7 years! Baby girl I was pregnant with and my then fiancé now husband left Boston MGH/BWH residency to come home for is going to turn 7 on the day we emigrate to Abu Dhabi and we got married in Rome, Italy 5 years ago, had a little boy since who is almost 4 and now boy number 3 is due on 6th September. It's going to be a crazy few months! Especially with dh starting a new job, in a new hospital, in a new system. It's going to be nice for dh to be working back with American colleagues, American doctors are so much more positive and enthusiastic!

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Wow, time does fly. You should repost your wedding pics for those that were not around. GORGEOUS!
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome back! I definitely remember you!

Good luck!
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                            X