Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forums

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and think it looks like a great place to share ideas and info about programs, life, etc. I am married to a 3rd year medical student. We are currently living in Nashville, TN and have three furry cats. We have decided to match into General Surgery and I am getting anxious with the start of the application process. Hope to talk to you all soon about all this stuff.

Welcome!
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Welcome Renaye,

I think that you will find a wealth of information and support here at this board. We are in our fourth year of gen surgery at U of Minnesota. If our family can offer any insight, please let us know. We interviewed in Chicago, Louisville, Lexington, Memphis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Boston, Indianapolis, Rochester and Minneapolis (MN), Cleveland, and Detroit. We have friends in the surgery departments at a few other programs who also may be able to offer some insight and DH is currently traveling to other general surgery programs for his current research. Let us know if we can be any help.

You will hear a lot of horror stories about surgery, but believe me, if we can survive it, anyone can. Just take it one day at a time and believe in yourself and your marriage.

Ironically, DH is carefully looking at Vanderbilt for a peds. surgery fellowship in the next few years because of their prenatal surgery program. Are you at Vanderbilt by any chance or at one of the UT programs?

Anyway, welcome to the boards!

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome! There are several General Surgery spouses here that can give you some helpful insights when/if you need some. You are smart to utilize this type of support before residency begins!!

I wish you luck and encourage you to post as often as you like! I learn just as much from posting as I do commenting on other people's concerns or questions, so post away!!!!! No thought is too trite!!!

Welcome!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
        X