Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello from frigid Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you. Hopefully some nice conversation will warm you up. If not, just think about us down here in Florida. It was 75 today and sunny

Comment

"medical mistress"!! Ha! I chuckled at that! I didn't plan as well last year and ended up just doing volunteer work which still left me with enough hours that i was miserable. I should train myself to have no expectations though. It was just that the end of our honeymoon phase and my depression combined with his work hours turned me into a raging lunatic. The last few months have been hard. Plus is it just me or does it get harder to make friends as we get older?!

Comment

It's probably a good thing that i still don't know how much 75 fahrenheit is.

Comment

It's ridiculously hard to make friends. We talk about that on here often. Being a grown up makes many things ten times harder and as an adult, "dating" for new friends can be worse than dating for a spouse. I totally feel your pain.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

SO much harder to make friends when you're older! We lament about that often around here, especially when you're the trailing spouse and move to a city not of your choosing.

Welcome to the group! We get it
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Welcome to the group!!!! Definitely hard no matter the age All I can say is, take up some hobbies or try new things
                I travel back and forth between Az and Ca and try to make the most of it when I'm in either state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Welcome! Stick around and post often! You've found a wealth of support and knowledge here. Everyone here truly gets it.

I'm sorry you're suffering currently - I've learned from my time here that medicine is a beast in and of itself, but surgery is a beast all it's own...I do not envy you surgery spouses. You are doing something I know I couldn't. I'm having a hard enough time adjusting to my husband's chosen career and we're only MS-3. There are lots of bumps in the road and there's never a right way to anticipate them or adjust to them. Moving to a place you don't like and never thought you'd be is H.A.R.D. Making friends in your mid-late 20s is HARD. Not knowing where you'll be in another year, three years, 6 years is HARD (and yes, I'm speaking both generally and personally). It's all just hard and it sucks. There are ways through, though, and the spouses here usually have much more grace and wisdom in navigating these paths than I have currently. Just when I find myself becoming convinced that doctor spouse and happy marriage are mutually exclusive concepts, I come here and am reminded of how many happy spouses and families there are, how many challenges have been tackled, and I realize if medicine = horrible personal life, every doctor you'd meet would be single - and all the doctors I know are married so that must count for something, right?

It's comforting to know you're not alone. You're not!
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Welcome, you have found the perfect place for understanding!!! Develop your own life / friends / hobbies, it will make it so much easier.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                      I keep reading the title of this thread as "Hello from Friggin' Canada". Welcome!
                      Ha! Considering how we were misled about rising temps, yeah friggin canada!

Comment

Working...
                      X