Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello! Introducing Myself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry. I really put my insensitive foot in my mouth. You have truly come to the right place for support in any area you need. This place is wonderful. Again, sorry for my insensitivity.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Hi maelissa and welcome! MSIII spouse here so I think that means we will be matching around the same time? Spring 2016, right? Anyways, hope you find some peace here, it's a pretty cool place full of some pretty cool people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll look around for it. It would be nice to have an outlet for some of the struggles with people that understand the added scheduling issues when planning treatments!

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        We've got an infertility thread around here somewhere. We've got people who've been through meds, IUI, IVF, adoption, male factor infertility, female infertility, etc. Feel free to post or not post about it if you want support.
        Married to a PGY5 ENT Resident and mom to two adorable dogs, Daisy and Max.

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
          Yep I've had (am having still? a little bit anyway) that same quarter/mid-life crisis. When we moved for residency I figured I'd get a part-time job and reproduce for a couple of years, then a couple of years went by and we still didn't have a baby and I had what barely qualified as a part-time job and wondered what the hell I was supposed to be doing with my life. I'm finally a couple of weeks away from delivering our first but she took about 2.5 years to get here. There's a fairly decent sized contingent of ladies in here who have struggled with infertility as well. Most of those discussions have happened in the private areas of the forum since, as I'm sure you understand, they tend to get more personal. Stick around and I think you'll find a lot of commonalities with our group!
          I'm so happy for you guys! What a wonderful outcome after struggling with infertility. I hope we have the same luck soon.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
            Welcome, we're significantly further behind you (latter half of MS-3 here), but I understand the stress and anxiety and loneliness of the unknowns, the impending changes, possible movies, and the 'what am I going to do with myself' feeling. It's really tough - more so for some than others. I'm one of the ones who has and still is having a really hard time. You've found an amazingly supportive, intuitive, patient, and fun place. There is so much here that the members have to offer. We're looking forward to getting to know you! Where are you possibly moving?
            He's applying all over, so it's anyone's guess until he narrows things down during his interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
              I'm sorry to hear about this! Unfortunately you're in good company here. We struggled with infertility as well and miscarried our first baby. It's rough going through that and trying to manage a medical relationship too. We had to schedule SAs and IUIs around my hubby's away and specialty rotations in 4th year, and the miscarriage was during residency interviews.
              I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Both mine happened during horrible times as well. The last one was when he was away doing a week-long training out-of-state. I told him to stay, but it was unbelievably hard. The first time, he was in surgery. It was hours later that he found out. :/

Comment

[MENTION=1712]L.Jane[/MENTION] - Thank you, but it's seriously ok. I didn't take it personally, just wanted to share where were with that. I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else on here!
                @JustRightKelly - He actually matches in June of this year! It'll be nice to have a year to prepare for a move, as opposed to the 3 months we had during residency match.

Comment

Originally posted by maelissa View Post
                  I'll look around for it. It would be nice to have an outlet for some of the struggles with people that understand the added scheduling issues when planning treatments!
                  I was a little confused by the set up when I first joined -- you have to reach I think 50 substantive posts before they give you what they call "Call Room" access (which is where the infertility thread is). It gives a little more privacy so people can speak freely and not worry about some rando / boss / family member discovering it.

When I joined it was 100 posts. I talked a lot about the books I was reading and how I was exercising please feel free to start threads about whatever you want as well. It gives us the opportunity to get to know each other -- which I'm looking forward to! Please stick around!

Comment

Welcome!! You've found an amazing place! My husband is a third year getting ready to start away rotations. He is interested in ENT and hoping to match next year but we shall see. Post often and you'll truly find the best support you could imagine around these parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Working...
                    X