Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thankful Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankful Newbie

I knew there had to be boards like this out here! What would we do without the internet??

Quick introduction to keep you on your toes.

Sarah (senior in German, wants to go into psychology eventually) + Bobby (microbiology graduate, on two waiting lists and waiting for third school, thinks he wants to be a surgeon of some sort) + 5 years of dating = 1 year of happy marriage.

We initially applied to 15 schools.
    15 schools wanted secondaries.
    10 schools got secondaries.
    We had 5 interview requests and 5 "no thanks'."
    We interviewed at 3 schools.
    We are on 2 waiting lists. (University of Rochester and Drexel College of Medicine)
    We are waiting on his 1st choice still. (Oregon Health & Science University)

I am more nervous about this than he is. He's amazing. (He really is. He's one of those incredibly smart people that I'm sure you all are with now!)

I cannot wait to get to know some more people around here ... so looking forward to meeting ya'll!

Welcome Sarah!
    You'll have to chat with Kris(Princess Fiona). You guys will undoubtedly have a lot to talk about re: Germany!

Good luck with the waiting lists. If you guys go to U of R, we'll practically be neighbors! We live about 1.5 hours south. My DH did his residency there.

Again, welcome!

Comment

Thank you Dagny. I appreciate the welcome and am really looking forward to getting involved around here. I fear that Bobby (DH) will be in training for the next decade so I may be around for a looooong time!

Comment

Good luck and welcome! My DH is now a fellow but when he was applying for med school he didn't find out til July that he was going to his first choice - Northwestern. So there is hope!!! My DH was traveling around Europe at the time but had a few extra letters of recommendation sent in and he sent them postcards from different cities in Europe. When he got it he didn't even know it for a few days until he called home and got the awesome news. A month later he was on his way. I also heard a story about someone finding out the weekend before that she was accepted at Mt. Sinai in NYC.

Post often!

Comment

Welcome, Sarah!!

Good luck with the waiting and keep us updated!!

-Esther

Comment

Wow I feel welcome here now! Thank you ladies (assuming) for the wonderful hello's and support!

Comment

Working...
            X