Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Again!

I was on here for a short time a few years ago, at the end of DH's medical school, and am back now after Residency! Hubby starts as a hospitalist this Wednesday, woot woot! Excited, and nervous, as I'm not sure what to expect. He'll be 7 on/7 off, so part of me is scared it's going to be a full 7 days of "call days." I know I will love those seven days off. Any tips and tricks to dealing on the 7 on? I'm planning to do a lot of meal planning/prepping so dinner is easy on his on days.

Congrats on being done with training! Is he in EM?

Remind us about yourself.... what do you do? What area are you guys in?

Wife of a PGY-6
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Hubby is IM. I am a financial advisor. We are in Southwest Viriginia.

Comment

Sorry, I should have seen "hospitalist". Welcome back! I hope you have a smooth adjustment to attendinghood!

Wife of a PGY-6
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome back! That could end up being a really nice schedule, but I'm guessing you're right about the "on" days. Maybe if he has a little down time, you could have supper together some nights? Does he have to stay close on his off week, or can you do some traveling?
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We'll definitely be traveling! That works great because our families are both out of state. I think the biggest challenges for me will be dinner & our exercise routine. We've been doing Shaun T workouts, first T25, then Max30 together for about a year now. I worry it could be a challenge during the "On" weeks. It's been great for us healthwise, and even good for our relationship.

The other challenge will be making sure I drag my tail into work on his off days. My job is basically like being self-employed, I make my own schedule, so I have to be really self motivated to work while he's home. What I will probably do is take off the Fri & Mon he has off, then work on Saturdays he is on, since that's when I get a lot done anyways. We probably won't start that up until after he's taken his boards in August.

Comment

Welcome back!
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Welcome back! Man, I'd kill for my DH to have that kind of schedule. Sounds amazing!!!

Life together pretty much stops here when DH is on call. Working out and eating together picks back up on his off weeks. I always worked more when he was on call too. Just worked out better that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No tips but glad you're back.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                  X