Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey Everyone! (intro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Everyone! (intro)

I started looking at this site a while ago when the hubby was in residency. Now that we are facing the fellowship match, seems like a good time to come back and see how everyone else is dealing with all this! I currently have a career I've worked hard for (lawyer) and live in a city that I adore (Philly) and it's great being near family and friends. However, we are considering fellowships that are several states away. Oh yeah, and trying to start a family. I'm trying not to panic, and really do want him to wind up in a program he loves, so having this online community is great! I may have a lot of venting/need some serious reality checks in the next few months, haha. Glad you are here so this feel less lonely, and looking forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place.
    Alison

Comment

Welcome! Lots of people here who've been through fellowship match, quite a few lawyers, too. Is the fellowship he's looking at one year, or more?
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Welcome! We have a two career problem as well and have so far made it work, but I always worry about the next I have.

Sent from Tapatalk
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Welcome! You've come to the right place!
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome. Former transactional lawyer here. I telecommuted during my husband's internship/residency and stopped working just before our second child was born (long story). Ultimately, I'm licensed in 4 states. What sort of law do you practice? Are you with a firm that has offices in multiple states?
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hi welcome!! Mine is in the middle of that too! What's his specialty / sub specialty? Have you been in Philly all along?

I know about uprooting just to uproot again... Bllaarrgghhh so not into it.

Comment

Hi, welcome! You'll get so much great advice here, and we're eager to hear your wisdom, too!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome, you will find a lot of support here.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you! I hope for the best for your fellowship situation, whatever it may end up being. Keep us updated!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel like we have been so lucky thus far to stay in the same city, so we are pretty entrenched. He is currently R3 internal medicine and applying for heme onc fellowship (3 years). I'm at a small firm doing civil litigation, and I think my skills would translate well for looking for a new job, BUT my dad also works here so there is A LOT of family pressure to stay. Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens! Coincidentally my "little" sister is also applying for residency right now

Comment

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Welcome! My husband is interviewing for fellowships as well, so I am in a similar situation. The spouses here have great advice. You are not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You're definitely not alone. I'm amidst an internal debate of where to take my career, considering my own fulfillment, the potential to move a coupe times in the next 5 years, plus the potential for starting a family in the next couple years. There's a ton to juggle and weigh options for. I've been reading a lot of meditation blogs/articles lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              Grace

Comment

Working...
                              X