Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi there -somewhat new here - ! feel free to friend me -lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there -somewhat new here - ! feel free to friend me -lol

Seems like not to many people on here want to converse one on one about issues or questions - seems like its mostly done in forum format.
    does anyone know if theres a similar network where people will chat a few days a week to just share the whole med school/ residency /attending process .
    my docs in or daily -lots of call - even after 5 years id so love to connect with others to share and see how others managed thios whole ordeal- its not all that easy - now is it ! ?

Once people get to know each other through the forums, more of that one on one relationship development happens. There is a way to PM members, and sometimes that is used. I think most people would be reluctant (at least in the groups I'm a part of) to make one on one contact without getting to "know" someone a little, first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Welcome! We do have some one on one chat once we get to know each other better, but sometimes it's nice to get the support of a whole group who has been there too. Can you tell us more about yourself and your significant other?

Sent from Tapatalk
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Also, once you share a little about yourself and join the convo, you'll see who you connect best with!
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I guess I don't know what conversing one on one would look like, as opposed to "forum format". Are you wanting to start a blog, so that all responses are directly to you and not part of a conversation? Or comment on someone else's blog? Or hook up with a pen pal/texting buddy?

Definitely being the partner of someone in this grueling profession is not that easy. I would say the common thread here is that everyone understands that little truism, which isn't always obvious to folks outside of medicine. Hope you stick around and get to know us!
          Alison

Comment

Welcome! Sent you a PM! Hope you'll feel at home here!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            Grace

Comment

Thanks so much , I got it - I shall keep that process in mind and I really appreciate any advice .. been thru a lot with my doc all over the country end to end a few times ...lol
              So , some of my questions are more about ..actual relationship stuff .

Comment

You guys are pretty great at breaking the ice - I couldn't agree more ! SO NICE , thanks !
                p.s. yes - I had a chat friend for years and being on the stay at home part of this for 5 years even with two jobs at times ..gets lonely - not really bored - I rock n roll around here -getting things done -more lonely ~

Comment

Met the love of my life - had two really big jobs for years and years hopped on the med school band wagon in the last year of it ...
                  now in residency with 10 months to go ..the specialty is anesthesia.... and weve been ocean to ocean as well as a fellowship on top of it ..
                  Its exciting to be so close .. but scary as my situation is - a wee bit different -lol

Comment

Welcome! Another anesthesia spouse here. CA-2 though, with fellowship also on the horizon. Stick around.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

The end of residency is a particularly rocky part of the journey, lots of ups but sometimes unexpected downs. Glad you found us. I understand about the relationship stuff being tough to share with just any random person in your everyday life. That's actually why we have a marriage topics board that isn't open to the general public. Sometimes we talk about heavy stuff, and it's comforting to know that we've had some conversations and kind of started getting to know the other people who might be reading what we're putting out there!

I'm sorry about the loneliness! I've got kids keeping me company most of the time that my spouse isn't home, and up until a year ago I had a dog. Actually, I think you may have made me realize why lately I spend all my time after kids' bedtime either cleaning or on the computer. I have hobbies I could be doing, but that makes the empty house feel emptier somehow. Hm.
                      Alison

Comment

Welcome! Good luck with navigating the job search and the next phase.

Comment

FWIW, nothing you described so far sounds all that different than the experiences many of us have had here. I'm sure that if you look around, you'll find several people here who have had long distance relationships, are right at the end of their residencies, have had fellowships, are in your spouse's specialty....believe me, we've seen it all. This is a pretty unshockable group. Try us. Jump into some of the forums or start your own thread and you'll find your people.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

[MENTION=5102]gurulife[/MENTION]. Are you still out there? We'd love to get to know you. Please jump into the discussion.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I am !
                              I'm the support system for a anesthesiologist - who just signed a contract for 3 years to partner !!! and will graduate in july , then off to attending hood in octotber !
                              I cannot be;lieve we managed all this !! from a one bedroom apartment !
                              So excited !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X