Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to this sight,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this sight,

New to this sight, interested to know if others have found it helpful?

I have. Been here since 2002!

Welcome!
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome. Tell us about yourself.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Yes. Many of us have been here for a long time.

Comment

Welcome! This site has been a fantastic place for information and friends. I'd love to get to know you better. Feel free to read around the public threads and if/when you feel comfortable, tell us a little more about yourself.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome! I've been here for about 4 years, I think, and it's been a huge help. Let us know more about yourself and significant other when you get a chance!
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                I believe I'm a decade in at this point - during MS and PGY years absolutely helpful. this is a great community. <3
                Me too 😊

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~
                ~three munchkins 11,12,13~
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by daleray View Post
                  New to this sight, interested to know if others have found it helpful?
                  From 25 years married to a physician I'd have to say there are definitely will be times when some of the people around you just won't get it. If and when that happens to you, it's quite likely the folks on this site still do get it. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Thanks all for your reply's, I am spouse to a family practice doc in Brainerd MN. She has a great practice, but between call and charts puts in crazy hours. I work as an engineer and manage much of the house and kids (5 yr girl and 7 yr boy). Imagine I am preaching to the choir here huh?
                    Would love to hear any tricks on making it easier on myself?

Comment

Originally posted by daleray View Post
                      Thanks all for your reply's, I am spouse to a family practice doc in Brainerd MN. She has a great practice, but between call and charts puts in crazy hours. I work as an engineer and manage much of the house and kids (5 yr girl and 7 yr boy). Imagine I am preaching to the choir here huh?
                      Would love to hear any tricks on making it easier on myself?
                      First "trick" you can check off is finding us - this site has been an immense source of support and information. Share away as you are comfortable and you will probably find someone that can commiserate or has BTDT and lived to tell about it!
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I agree that this site is a great resource. I don't have any great advice but I've found it's best that I don't compare our family to others. Sometimes I get upset for example I'm the only mom at tball practice but it doesn't really matter and every family is different. It's nice to come here where other people get it. It doesn't seem to matter how much I explain it to others they just don't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

I think my best trick has been a shared calendar (recommended by a member of this site). We use Cozi. It makes it so much easier to keep track of when and where we're supposed to be with DH's crazy schedule.
                          Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                            I think my best trick has been a shared calendar (recommended by a member of this site). We use Cozi. It makes it so much easier to keep track of when and where we're supposed to be with DH's crazy schedule.
                            We use Cozi too! I found that much of our conversations were centered on kids activities. Now that everything is in Cozi, DH just has to click on they day and each kid is color coded. I add addresses to local fields and schools and all he has to do is click and come if he's free! We talk about OTHER things now and I love it.

Welcome!!
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome, SweetRainbow! If you are comfortable doing so, we'd love for you to start a thread so we can get to know you!
                              Laurie

Comment

Working...
                              X