Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again!

Hello!

I'm an old timer that randomly flies in an out. I don't think I've logged in in ..... years maybe? I tend to get overwhelmed and distracted with life and my destress time flies out the window. I'm sure that there are a lot of new faces to meet so I thought I'd do a little intro post.

I'm Kate and my husband is a Peds EM attending and we've been done since 2012. We have four daughters - ages 12 (on Thursday), 8, 6, and 4. We lost a daughter in 2007 to a birth defect and this site is what got me through those dark dark days and I think about everyone that was around back then often. One of our girls was adopted from Russia but if I showed you a family photo you'd have trouble guessing which one.

We did training in Houston and Cincinnati and now we live in East Tennessee.

We're big fans of Crossfit and someday we'll look like we've been doing crossfit for 3 years. We are in the middle of doing a weight loss challenge with our gym and I'm hoping that helps put me on the path that I need to be on. I'm strong but I'm carrying about 60 extra pounds that I'd love to get rid of.

I used to be an engineer but now I run an Etsy shop in the mornings and I run my kids to activities all afternoon - violin, basketball, volleyball, and dance. This spring one of my girls is trying lacrosse and I'm super excited to see that. The other kids should be scared of this one running around with a stick!

I look forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones!
    Kate
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Hi! Your name certainly looks familiar. I've been around for a few years now. Just joined CrossFit last week! Can't go to the fundamentals course so I'm taking a couple weeks of only private lessons, then I'll jump.into the classes. I've seen a few of your recent posts and wanted to say hi! Glad you're back looking forward to getting to know you 😎

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome back, so happy to see you again! I have thought of you and Lily often this past year. We lost a grandson this past year, and it was heart wrenching (still is).
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome back Kate, good to see you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Welcome back K!
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Missed you!
            Alison

Comment

One of our girls was adopted from Russia but if I showed you a family photo you'd have trouble guessing which one.
              I was lucky enough to meet them when we visited Tennessee for residency interviews and she isn't lying about this! I still don't know which one!

The Oracal 651 is working fantastically on my water bottles, btw. Thanks for the tip!
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome back - glad to see you!
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                  Welcome back, so happy to see you again! I have thought of you and Lily often this past year. We lost a grandson this past year, and it was heart wrenching (still is).
                  Luanne, I am so sorry to read this! ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Welcome back! I actually thought about ordering a blender bottle from your shop the other day, since I started drinking shakes for breakfast.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Hi!

I remember you when it was just you, hubby, your first born and sweet Lilly. You've been busy! LOL. Hope East TN is treating you well. I'd love to hear a full update!

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome back! We've missed you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome back!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Welcome back!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Welcome back!! I remember how heartbroken I was when you lost Lily. I'm glad you're back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X