Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Greetings, all. I can't believe I stumbled across this site! I hope it proves to be the resource it appears to be.

My name's Alison, I'm married to a wonderful second-year med student at Case Western Reserve University. We'll be celebrating our first anniversary 10 days after he takes Step 1 of the boards this June!

I guess I don't know what else to say, but I'm definitely glad to be here and I hope to check in frequently.
    Alison

Hi Alison! Welcome! This is a great place for support and information. Come often. I look forward to learning more about you. We just moved from Cleveland Heights to Indiana a year ago. My husband did a fellowship at Rainbow Babies and I used to work at CWRU. Are you from Cleveland originally?

Glad you found this place.

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

Oh, how funny! We moved here from Oregon in 2002. It's been quite a culture shock, actually, but I definitely love the people of Cleveland Heights, it's a great little community. I work at Case (CWRU) actually, and the tuition benefit that I get on hubby's behalf is VERY worthwhile!
      Alison

Comment

Hi Alison. Glad you found the site. My husband is an M2 as well, and we'll be celebrating our second anniversary about three weeks after he takes his boards. Or, I suppose depending on how his rotation is going, sometime after that! I hope you find this site as useful as I have.

Comment

Welcome, Alison!

Comment

Hi Alison,
            Welcome! I think you'll find the boards to be helpful in the medical journey.

We're moving to Portland Oregon in four short weeks for my husband's derm residency at OHSU. What part of the state did you live in?

Post often!

Comment

Hi Alison! I'm also married to an almost 3rd yr! What is your DH interested in doing after med school? does he have a specialty in mind?

Welcome to the boards! I'm new myself- I'm Theresa mom to 2 girls and I live in Southern Cali

Comment

Welcome Allison--

DH and I are from Dayton...just about 4 hours south of you guys. DH went to Wright State for medical school, so we are *somewhat* familiar with your neck of the woods. Does your hubby have a specialty picked out?

Welcome to the boards.

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks so much for the welcome!

nmh, we were in Portland and I am incredibly jealous that not only are you going to be in Portland, but your husband is going into derm! ROAD to success and all that, unfortunately my hubby is not particularly interested in those except that he's been re-considering anesthesiology.

Other than that, he's waiting for third-year clerkships before setting his sights on a specialty, and is planning on obtaining an excellent score on Step 1 so that it's not a limiting factor no matter what specialty he falls in love with. In choosing electives, he's drawn to critical care and pediatric subjects and during his first two years has chosen to do emergency medicine follow-alongs even when it didn't count toward the number of credits he needed. However, he'd prefer a lifestyle with more regular hours even if it means more call time, so emergency medicine is a big fat maybe.

Thanks again!
                  -Alison
                  Alison

Comment

Welcome Allison.

I'm Trisha wife of an Emergency Medicine attending in Columbus just 2 hours away from you guys. Dh is the Director of Medical Education for the Emergency Department at Grant Hospital, the Level 1 trauma Center here and coordinates all of the rotations through the department for students and residents just as an FYI for your DH if he is ever interested in checking out options in the Columbus medical scene.

Comment

Welcome Alison!

Another Buckeye here! I grew up in the Cincinnati area!

I am hoping that DH will match somewhere in the midwest/great plains/east coast to get me out of the heat down here in the South!

Good luck to your DH on the Step 1! It will be over for us in 5 days!
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Welcome!!!

I am Crystal, my hubby Matt is an almost R4 at UW in anesthesia. He chose the "right ROAD" as he likes to say. We have 2 children- Emma (2 1/2 yrs) and Brigham (9 1/2mos)

Crystal
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Heh. Old introductions are funny.

We've now been married two and a half years and going strong. He's going into EM, all the way. My wording was ridiculous, but he did "plan" on getting a top Step 1 score, and that's just what he did. And sure enough, it's been helpful as he got invited to interview at every program he applied at! The interview trail is underway, with two down and one coming up tomorrow.

Still in the same Cleveland Heights apartment, still in the same Case job. A little older, hopefully a little wiser, and ready for the next chapter to reveal itself.

To the tune of Paul Simon's "Leaves that are Green"..."I was 24 years when I wrote that post...I'm 26 now, but I won't be for long...Time hurries on..."
                          Alison

Comment

Working...
                          X