Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello everyone :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
    Yep, we're still alive, 10 years after kid #1! Just took it one day at a time...

We knew all along where we wanted to land (Pacific Northwest), we were job searching by October of third year, had a contract signed by December.

Keeping a baby or especially a toddler quiet (let alone both?!) in a small-ish house while daddy is on nights or post-call is NOT fun. We ended up finding a lot of activities to take us out of the house on those days. The dawkter also had to adapt at least a little bit, he did okay with a white noise machine and a dark sleeping room -- as long as nobody was screaming or squealing too much.
    Oh the Pacific Northwest? Such a beautiful area! We keep thinking about moving there. My husband is from the Seattle area.

I'm glad to hear of others making the tricky work/relationship stuff work.

Comment

Welcome! Did I miss it? Where are you from? Where has the journey taken you so far? What other things do you enjoy?

I feel like it took me awhile to discover this so I'll explain how this forum works just in case. There are moderators who have been around for usually over a decade. You need to contribute with a certain number of substantive posts (it was 100 when I joined, I think it's 50 now) before they let you into the more private forums. They're really just trying to make sure you are who you say you are. Because so much is searchable on the internet most of the conversation happens in private forums. I do think there was more activity when I joined, but we welcome you starting your own threads! It's a great way to get to know you and meet the post quota. Don't be afraid to talk about whatever you want. When I first joined I started a "book club", contributed to the Health and Fitness Threads, as well as one called "Today" which was pretty much random thoughts.

Once you're admitted to the private forum there's a bit more activity. Until then, feel free to ask any questions or get conversations started!

Originally posted by valerierd View Post
      Oh the Pacific Northwest? Such a beautiful area! We keep thinking about moving there. My husband is from the Seattle area.

I'm glad to hear of others making the tricky work/relationship stuff work.

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome! And congratulations on the new baby!! Night duty is so hard... Hopefully she'll get to the point where she only wakes up to eat soon, so at least you feel like there's a point to it just being you handling her wake-ups.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
            X