Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just found this Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just found this Network

Hi everyone,

I am new to this network, just found it. I wish it was around while I was dating my husband during his medical training. We have been married 23 years and have two children in University. I currently find myself in transition, trying to figure out what my role is now that both kids are out of the house - well at least during the school year. Will be spending some time reading past posts to get acquainted with the forum. Feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome!

I know we've got a few people at a similar stage; hopefully some of them will chime in!
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Welcome!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Melindaf View Post
          Hi everyone,

I am new to this network, just found it. I wish it was around while I was dating my husband during his medical training. We have been married 23 years and have two children in University. I currently find myself in transition, trying to figure out what my role is now that both kids are out of the house - well at least during the school year. Will be spending some time reading past posts to get acquainted with the forum. Feel free to ask any questions.
          Hi! So glad you are here. There are a lot of attending spouses and empty nesters or almost-empty nesters here. @Luann [MENTION=816]PrincessFiona[/MENTION] [MENTION=1102]Pollyanna[/MENTION]

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome!
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Welcome! Yes, this is a great site, no matter what stage you're in. Please post often so we can get to know you better, and feel free to start some threads of your own. (We have a private area of the site, and those threads tend to have a little more activity.)
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome, it is never too late to find this site!!!! I'm also an empty nester. I'm an Adult Nurse Practitioner and my DH is Pulmonary / IM / Critical Care. We have four children between us (all adults).
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thank you for the very warm welcome! I plan to spend some time today have a look through the site, maybe tonight with a glass of wine. I do have one question, with the medical world being a small community, especially within certain specialties, how open are people in regards to their identity and real names?

Comment

Originally posted by Melindaf View Post
                    Thank you for the very warm welcome! I plan to spend some time today have a look through the site, maybe tonight with a glass of wine. I do have one question, with the medical world being a small community, especially within certain specialties, how open are people in regards to their identity and real names?
                    Like any community, it takes time to get to know one another and build comfort. The medical community is very small, but for those of us that stick around, we gain some of our best friends from this site.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X