Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Intern Year Spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intern Year Spouse

Hi!
    I’m actually a medical girlfriend, but we have been together for many years and lived together for going on two years. I moved with him to the location of his Ortho residency which began this summer. Many ups and downs thus far!! It was hard moving to a completely new state where we knew no one. It was fun at first because we moved a month before he started and I hadn’t found a job yet, so we had a lot of time to explore, decorate our apartment together and have lots of dates etc. But once he started, I felt so alone... I have finally made some friends at work, the gym, and other medical spouses through his network whom I hang out with now on occasion. I feel very guilty when I’m doing fun stuff and enjoying myself and I know he’s working 100 hours I can see it is going to be a tough road!! I can do this!!!

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome. You’re in good company, we get it. What do you do?
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome! We have a few other ortho spouses on here. Intern year was by far the toughest year for us, hopefully it'll get better next year for you too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome. Agree it can only get better! What job did you find?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hi, welcome!! MS4 (but MBA year) here. Glad you found some friends and work in your new location. Don't feel too guilty about enjoying yourself--it's not a race to the bottom to be miserable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome!

And yes, intern year sucks so much.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome! I joined this group when my DH (Then boyfriend) started residency, and then I followed him halfway across the country after doing a year of long distance. You definitely have to go out and have fun and enjoy yourself while he works. Medical relationships work when you are both able to be independent people but then also enjoy your time together. My motto for the medical schedule is always, expect the worst, and when they actually can show up/things go your way, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Again, Welcome!
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                  Welcome. You’re in good company, we get it. What do you do?
                  Thank you! I am a Special Education teacher! And I tutor on the side as well!

Comment

Thank you!! I hope too! it’s great to have a network of people who get it.

Comment

Hi! Thank you! I am an elementary special education teacher and tutor on the side.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thank you for the advice and support!!

Comment

Hello and welcome!
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome!
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X