Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello from Green Bay!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Green Bay!!

Hello Fellow Medical Spouses!

So, I deleted my Facebook account about 7 months ago BUT I miss talking to some folks who understand my life so I found this site again in hopes of "socializing".

I am a wife to an interventional radiologist post training 5 years now! (yes....there IS an end to the training....I promise!!!) My husband did training AAAAAALLLLLLL over the place so we moved. A lot. 6 major moves in 10 years. We did medical school in Buffalo, NY. Intern year in La Crosse, WI. Radiology residency in Rochester MN. Fellowship in Hanover, NH. Our first "real job" in a little tiny town in rural Indiana called Vincennes. And now, we live in De Pere ("suburb" of Green Bay, WI)

I guess the most important job I have now, besides keeping my husband, Ben, in line is being a mom to my two kiddos. I was given two of the most amazing kids ever to be mother to. My daughter, Alice, is 9. She is so unique, creative, determined, resourceful and very much like her dad. She has gorgeous blue eyes and the most adorable freckles. My son, Arden, is 11. He is the funniest, most loving, discombobulated, character and sweetest guy ever. He has the best hair and THE longest eyelashes in the world.

We became a homeschooling family 2 years ago. I never thought I would be a homeschooling mom. I was a teacher after all!!! But fate had a different path so we jumped in with both feet and it has worked out pretty well. It allows my husband, and his chaotic schedule, to participate actively in the kiddos lives. And he teaches on his off days! Yay husband!!

I have to admit, my last move took me a long time to adapt to and accept. We thought we were settled but again, fate had other plans! So we are here in Green Bay doing our thing. Winters aren't that bad (nothing is worse than Rochester Minnesota, right??) I look forward to meeting everyone here!!! I would love to be encouraging to the "Newbies" to medicine and I can't wait to hear how others are managing in this world!! Thanks for having me!!

Hi, and welcome! My husband is in his first year out of training, and so far we're loving it. And we also have two little ones, though ours are 2.5 and almost 5.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Welcome!! We are three years out of training too and have two teenage daughters. Hope to see you around here more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Hello from Green Bay!!

Welcome!! We finished training last June. We are also a homeschool family, also a bit unplanned, but we’re in our 3rd year and we’re enjoying it...most days. 😉 I hope you chime in often, it’s a great community.
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome! We are also in our first year out of training. Our children are 6, 4, and 2. I homeschool our oldest and eventually the others might be homeschooled too.

I also know Hanover, NH quite well. Did you know they closed the Canoe Club? Made me sad, I loved that place.

Stick around, it’s fun to have new people here.

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hi! We moved 7 times during training. My husband is a geriatric psychiatrist. I'm a SAHM to 3 kiddos. Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome! My husband is in his last year of residency and I stay at home with our three kids 8, 5, and 18 mo.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Yay! Another Rad wife! [MENTION=1725]bokelley[/MENTION] is IR too.

My husband is PGY-5 rads and doing a pediatric radiology fellowship next year. We are in DFW now, but will be looking for "real jobs" soon. We have three kids and hope to have a fourth soon.

Welcome and stick around!
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

My terrific kiddos are also 9 and 11! Though we have been out of training 9.5 years now. Welcome!!
                  Alison

Comment

Welcome! We are 8.5 years out of training with a 13, 14, and 15 year old. Dh is ob/gyn.

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                    X