Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello - joining for camaraderie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
    I've been at home almost 8 years now and most days I still feel like I've joined the witness protection program. My youngest starts kindergarten in the Fall. I have no idea what I'll do but and I know it won't look anything like my life before kids. But I'm looking forward to rediscovering myself then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I guess I should just keep this in mind - realistically it isn't all that long until kids are in school and I can rediscover myself.

Also, I don't mean to sound unhappy. I absolutely am thankful I can stay home with these guys and I think it was the right choice for our family. I just get a little claustrophobic here sometimes, but I truly am happy.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Elchorrito View Post
      I guess I should just keep this in mind - realistically it isn't all that long until kids are in school and I can rediscover myself.

Also, I don't mean to sound unhappy. I absolutely am thankful I can stay home with these guys and I think it was the right choice for our family. I just get a little claustrophobic here sometimes, but I truly am happy.

I understand. You don’t have to defend yourself. I always wanted to be a SAHM but I never understood how demanding it would be. Yesterday, I spent the day at the pool with my kids and I was so exhausted. Ten years ago, a day at the pool with three adorable kiddos would have sounded like a vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Welcome! We are within a couple hours of IU. It has been easier for me to make time for myself as my kids are older. You have to make it a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Needs

Comment

Welcome! Im spotty about getting on here but when we were in the thick of residency, I lived here. My DH has been an attending for a few years now but I followed him through gen surg residency and a fellowship before the big boy job. We have one 4yr old boy and another boy on the way. We are also in the midwest. I started a mom's group here and substituting at my son's preschool when i was trying to figure out where i belonged. It's tough! This place is really great for support.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome! I found this place when my kids were about your kids ages and my husband was starting his MD/PhD path. He’s been done with training for four years now and our daughters are 14 and 17. IMSN was a lifesaver for me as a reluctant SAHM. It really helps having people who get the struggle of medical training with a family even if they are “internet friends”.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Yes! I have friends whose spouses work long hours, but it seems like none can quite compare to this. Maybe that's just me being self-centered, but when I heard one of my friends complain about how awful tax-season is for her accountant husband and their family, I just smiled and bit my tongue, because it's hard for me to imagine that 4 months of long hours and late nights can compare to the schedule we are living. I do have some friends who are trying to start/run their own business and they work some pretty crazy hours, but they pretty much take their kids to work with them for those long hours.

Ah well, we're getting ready to go have dinner with DH at the hospital in a bit. If he has time. Also the 2yo has kind of figured out he can sleep with me when Daddy's away, so there are perks to call nights!

Comment

Welcome! I’m trying to be more active here, too.

Comment

Welcome!!!!! I’ve been a SAHM for a while and we moved when my littles was 3 months. And now that she is turning 3, I finally found my routine and myself. I did a lot of play dates with friends and fellow Dr wives and doing mommy and me events with my littles one. It wasn’t easy and it still isn’t most days but we survive

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Working...
                  X