Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New to some; Update for others!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to some; Update for others!

I really didn't know how to give my message a subject title... LOL!

I'm Christy, mom of two boys, and another one on the way. I'm married to Bob, my college sweetheart. We are glad to be be finished with med school and residency. First year out of residency, Bob was employed by the local hospital. That contract expired end of June and then, Bob bought the practice. We're still paying off student loans, but hope to be finished in a couple more years. Upon moving here, I became a grad student in Reading Ed. I should finish up in summer or fall depending on whether I can arrange some childcare while in graduate classes as our baby is due in January '05. We shall see...

Well, I hope you all are doing well...

Christy

Christy...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is wonderful news....you deserve it!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Welcome back. Please tell me that life on the other side is worth it?!?

Congrats on the baby. Do you know what you are having or will it be an old-fashioned surprise? (I can never hold out but wish that I could.)

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thank you Kris & Kelly... I enjoyed hearing from both of you!

Kris, thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate your kindness.

Kelly, oh yes, we know the sex of baby. We can't wait either... haha! We're having another little boy. And let me assure you that life is much, much better post-residency!!!!!!! I am so, so much more happy... I was totally depressed in residency... but it didn't help that my husband ran for Chief Resident and got it... If we knew what we knew now, we would decided against running for Chief Resident... It was sooo not worth the extra time and money. A lot of heartache & unwanted stress.

Life is still stressful, but so much better not being under someone in residency. I hope that makes sense. I hope you are doing well. For that matter, I hope all the girls and guys are doing well.

Christy

Comment

Welcome back, Christy! Congratulations on being through with residency. I was fortunate enough to snag my husband right after he was through. I missed all the "good stuff".

What does your DH do?

Look forward to getting to know you, and congratulations on your little boy! (I'm not one for holding out either.)

Comment

Welcome back and congrats on the new baby.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Christy- Don't know how I missed this the first time around. Good to hear from you! Congrats on the pregnancy and another little boy! How exciting!

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

Hi Christy,

Welcome back......I remember you! So you will be joining me as a mom to three boys, if I'm not mistaken.....congratulations! Keep us posted about your pregnancy and post more so that we can get caught up.

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
                  Welcome back, Christy! Congratulations on being through with residency. I was fortunate enough to snag my husband right after he was through. I missed all the "good stuff".

What does your DH do?

Look forward to getting to know you, and congratulations on your little boy! (I'm not one for holding out either.)
                  Hey there Chris!

Gosh, I failed to mention what my husband does... Silly me! Anyway, Bob is in family medicine. He actually has three jobs: his family medicine practice, nursing home, and moonlighting in the ER 36-48 hours/month. We are trying to get our school loans paid off & improve our home little-by-little.

I am glad you got your man after residency. I can't tell you how many times I told my husband that if I met him in RESIDENCY, I wouldn't have married him... haha! In my case, it was better that I met him when he wore a McDonald's hat and brown uniform... LOL! What a hoot!

Great to meet you! I hope you all are doing well.

Comment

Thanks so much, Luanne, Jennifer, and Sally! Yep, this is boy #3 for us... We're hoping to have four children and then... my tubes will be tied for sure. We'll just have to see what happens. We're excited!

I hope you all are doing well.

Christy

Comment

Little boys are so much fun, Christy. Have you told your other children yet?

Bob is in family medicine. He actually has three jobs: his family medicine practice, nursing home, and moonlighting in the ER 36-48 hours/month.
                      Wow! I bet you guys will have your loans paid off in no time!!! You do sound so much more at ease and happy since residency ended. I remember how stressed out I was at the end of training and the flood of relief that followed as we adjusted to life after residency. It's great to be on the other side, isn't it?

Congrats on this baby!

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I don't ever feel like we are going to get our school loans paid off. Bob and a physical therapist have partnered and bought a little over 3 acres of land for their businesses, so a lot of income coming in is going right back out. Scary stuff... but hopefully it will be worth it in the end? Where is the end anyway? LOL!

Christy

Comment

Working...
                        X