Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there!

I finally got registered! Thanks Kris!!

Well, as you might have discerned my name is Shawntelle and I am the wife of a fourth year medical school student. He is currently in the process of doing interviews for the early match in neurosurgery. Right now I am holding down the ranch with my 27 month old toddler named Adesegun (Ade) . I also have an 8 month old baby named Adedeji (Deji).

I am currently employed as a university webmaster and I am working on my Ph.D. I usually love reading leisurely books. (Now I read boring school stuff.)

I hope to get a chance to learn from other spouses and significant others about the new life I am about to embark upon as the wife of a working physician.

Hi welcome to the spouse board. We are in interviewing right now too, isn't it exciting? Sounds like you got your hands busy with the two kids. Well this is a good place to spend time when you get a spare moment (or are procrastinating) Anyway welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Shawntelle, welcome!

Tell us more about your work towards your PhD. How is that going with two little ones?

Where is DH doing his interviews? (I'm so nosy )

Comment

Welcome,
          Glad you found us. Best of luck with the interviews. Where do you hope to end up?
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

With my current assignment at work I have been trying so hard to get away!

Dh had an interview earlier this week (Wake Forest) and now he is flying to another one today (VCU). Just me and the kids! I am working on my Ph.D in Information Systems. This week I have an assignment due on Sunday and I have been procrastinating so bad. I get tired after coming home from work. Then I have to chase after little ones. And doing it on my own this week has been a bit tough. I am in my second semester of school and I hope to get done sometime during dh's residency...

We finally got interview #9 yesterday so I will feel better when there are ten since neurosurgery is very competitive. I want to be with family so much. I know so folks want to run away, but well, we moved to TN and we do not have any family here. No one to spend holidays with... It gets lonely. I guess I would prefer the midwest or texas as a final destination.

Comment

Shawntelle - welcome to the boards. My husband matched in neurosurgery last year, if you have any questions about programs I can ask him. My one piece of advice is to be involved in the process. Once my husband got what he thought were his top 4 of so he requested spouses names and numbers so that I could speak to spouses and it made me so much more comfortable with his choices.

We love where we're at, we're closer to family then we were during med school and we've only been here 5 months.

Good luck - early match is soooooo nice!
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Shawntelle, it's a good thing DH has a long residency, eh? I don't blame you for procrastinating - I would be! Your life sounds exhausting.

The degree sounds interesting. What do plan to do with it when you're done? (I'm clueless about all things technological!)

Comment

What I would do with degree...

Originally posted by Dagny
                    Shawntelle, it's a good thing DH has a long residency, eh? I don't blame you for procrastinating - I would be! Your life sounds exhausting.

The degree sounds interesting. What do plan to do with it when you're done? (I'm clueless about all things technological!)
                    I would like to teach again. Before I had my boys I taught programming languages like C++, Java, etc. Of course with a doctorate I will probably teach something a bit more abstract.

Comment

Working...
                    X