Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

hello all (and thanks)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all (and thanks)!

hello everyone!

i just wanted to say thank you to you all who have been unknowingly supportive to me throughout the last few years. I haven't had the opportunity to post, but have browsed the site for the past few years. My husband is a second year peds resident at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, MO. We moved here from St. Louis 3 weeks after the birth of our 1st child. In three weeks time, Mark graduated, the same day became my last day of work since our son was born 2 days later, we closed on our house 9 days after that (a house that I had never seen b/c I was 9 months preg and unable to travel when my husband went to pick it out), packed up our apartment, and moved (husband started working 80 hours a week 2 days after the move leaving me with an infant and a bunch of boxes). Luckily we only moved across the state instead of across the country, but it was still a challenge.

i suffered from a serious case of postpartum depression last year (attributable partly I'm sure to all the changes in such a short amount of time), but thankfully now am healthy and loving being a mom to a very active 18 1/2 mo.

you all were very supportive to me last year, and I hope to be able to provide the same support/empathy for others going through this process. I am very grateful to you all and also to the 80 hour work week that has made such a difference in our lives. we are able to spend so much more time together as a family in residency versus med school when dh was working 120+ hrs/wk.

Hello Jill- Many of us here can relate to your experiences over the last couple years. It is tough to move and fit into a new place. Especially, with a newborn and a spouse working long hours. I picked out our first house without DH laying eyes on it. Thankfully, he liked my choice.

This forum has been a godsend to me and my marriage. I am glad to see you posting. Do you have a boy or girl? I love the 1.5 yr stage. I have a 14 month old little girl who is so fun right now.

Hope to learn more about you!

jennifer
    Needs

Comment

Jill, welcome. My husband is originally from the KC area so while you've been there for a few months now feel free to ask any questions about the area. We both went to undergrad in Lawrence.

Welcome aboard!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Hello from a fellow Kansas Citian!
        Welcome to the boards!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Welcome, Jill!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Comment

Welcome Jill,

May the worst be behind you and the best before you.

Kelly[/list]
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Jill,

Welcome aboard. I, too, suffered from a PPD after the birth of my daughter nearly 9 years ago (Holy COW...is she almost 9 ). It was a frightening experience and I agree that the stress of training can be a contributing factor!!

Did you know Matt? His wife did a peds residency in Kansas City too!!

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hi Jill,
                Welcome! Look forward to getting to know you better.

Comment

re: Matt

Kris-

No, I never met Matt, although we literally lived just down the street from each other while he was here (our houses were less than 2 blocks apart). My husband did know Gretchen though.

Jill

Comment

Working...
                  X