Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello and Happy Holidays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Happy Holidays!

I am married to a PGY-2 in Emergency Medicine. We live in Lansing, MI. The crappiest place on earth. We have been married for 8 months but have been together since highschool (yikes- 10 yrs). We have decided through much discussion that we need a change. Tim is changing specialties next year and we are moving to Cincinnati, Ohio (back home!!) in June.

I have been searching for people to talk to, being attached to a resident is lonely buisness.

Thanks- Annie

Hi Annie! You matched in Lansing, Michigan? The crappiest place on earth? Does you husband work at Sparrow or Ingham Medical? My husband did his peds residency in Lansing and I was born at Sparrow where my mom is now a nurse. I can imagine why you would want to move back to Cinti. I used to live there myself. I grew up in Holt, probably one of the nicer areas to raise a family. Lansing will always be home, but I wouldn't chose to live there again. What specialty is your husband switching too?

Welcome to the boards! My husband is a neonatology attending and we live near Indianapolis.

Looking forward to learning more about you.

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

Re: Hello and Happy Holidays!

Originally posted by anniedrury
      being attached to a resident is lonely buisness.
      Wow....that about sums it up, huh?
      Congratulations on taking concrete steps to mend your situation. I hope it improves your lives. I hear you on the resident depression front - it's an awful time, and it will pass. On the worst days it can really bring a cloud into your home, but most of the time I've managed to convince my spouse to leave it at the hospital, and try to come home and forget work for a few hours. Of course when we're both depressed this can be a problem.
      I had a good friend who grew up in E. Lansing I think. He remembered it fondly, but this was several decades ago.
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Hi Annie, and welcome! We're just down the road from you in Ann Arbor, my husband is a urology PGY-3 at the U of M hospital. Being a die-hard Wolverine, I just might have to agree with you about Lansing being the crappiest place on earth. Although I have to confess that since I've lived in Michigan most of my life, I'm pretty partial to it. Good luck to you in your upcoming move, that's great that you'll be able to move back home.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Welcome, as you have found, this is a great place to vent and get some support!

We look forward to hearing more from you!

Comment

Welcome Annie,

Never been to Lansing, but I'm jonesing to get the family back to Cincinnati. Welcome aboard.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome, I'm glad you found us!!!!!
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome, Annie! So glad you found us. Jump right in!

Comment

Welcome, Annie!

Comment

Working...
                  X