Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

new to this site! Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to this site! Hello

Hello to all! My husband is a 4th year med student and just recently found out that he matched in ED medicine at San Antonio, TX (He is in the Air Force) We will be moving in June. We have 2 girls ages 6 1/2 and 4, and a new Cavalier puppy that Santa brought to the girls this Christmas, so we are in for quite a change!! All of our families live here in Jeffersonville, IN and we are very close to them! I am an RN, but do not plan on working for at least the first several months and see how things go with the finances. Anyone else in the same boat that we are in? I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing thoughts, fears, and excitements!! Thanks

Tobi

Welcome Tobi
    I'm glad you found us. Congratulations on the match. You will find this a great source of support and comfort!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome, Tobi! We're glad to have you here. We have a friend who interviewed in the same program as your husband, I think. He's serving in Iraq right now, so we haven't yet heard if he has matched. My husband just finished an Emergency Medicine residency this past June. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

Erica

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

As Woody on Toy Story says- 'Howdy, howdy howdy!'....Ok, we need to watch something else for a nighttime show....

Welcome to the site!!

Comment

Welcome aboard...I love the river walk in San Antonio!!!! We have some members that also did residency there, so I'm sure you'll hear from them about their experiences!

Matt...we went through the whole ToyStory marathons too.....There was a time when I felt like I had Toy Story 1 down cold..I could have been the understudy for any of the parts! To Infinity and Beyond.....

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hi Tobi-

We did our residency ("we" and "our" being the operative points...) You will find that there are lots of kid friendly neighborhoods close to Wilford Hall. We ended up living in the historic district downtown and loving it- but there are some people who wouldn't. Will he being also working at BAMC (the Army hospital?) We lived downtown because my husband is Army. We also much preferred the commissary and the PX at Fort Sam opposed to the AF ones. (but then again, we lived significantly closer to Ft. Sam.)

San Antonio is a great town- there is always a ton of stuff to do. Also, as a nurse, you should know that there are at least 4 other hospitals in SA and should you decide to pick up a few shifts, you will have your choice. We loved it and it's on the short list of places we'll go once we're done with this f-in' fellowship. We will return to downtown if we go back. (even though this time we'll have a kid in tow!)

Jenn

Comment

Welcome! Congrats on the match and San Antonio. I agree, the riverwalk is so cool! I loved it there.

Those cavalier pups are cuties!

Comment

Working...
                X