Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello, new poster here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new poster here

Hi All!

I'm new, here. My husband is a 4th year medical student in San Antonio. I am a 30 year-old accountant. Well, actually my birthday is in another 2 weeks, but I already like the sound of "30". We have no kids, but one very spoiled Jack Russell/Pointer. My husband just finished his residency interviews. Since I had vacation saved up, I went along. We had some fun along the way- went skiing twice, saw Niagara Falls, and ice skated. He is planning on going into Anesthesiology. Some of my hobbies are: running, swimming (planning on trying a triathlon), making mosaic tiled objects, and avoiding cooking at all costs!! My specialities are canned soup and cereal!!

I have never posted in a forum before, so my posts may look a little messy until I figure all this out. Hope to get to know you guys.

Not messy at all! Welcome aboard. As the holidays end, I'm sure there will be many people back to welcome you as well! What specialty is your husband hoping to Match into? That is great that you were able to go on the interviews with him!

My dh is into his 4th year out of fellowship..ie..the real world He is an Infectious Disease doc. We have 4 children, an Australian shephard dog and....4 cats. I teach biology part-time at the state U...at least for now.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome!

Erica

Comment

Welcome!

Did your DH interview in Buffalo? I used to live on Grand Island. (loved it there!!)

My DH is an anesthesiologist. He did his residency at the University of Rochester. (as did two of his partners) Did you guys look at Rochester too?

Love the name.

Comment

Welcome to the boards!!

Comment

Welcome! My husband did his residency in San Antonio, at Wilford Hall. He finished up in 2001 and will be getting out of the military June 1st. We loved San Antonio! Glad to have you here.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Welcome! My husband also did his residency (peds) in San Antonio (Wilford Hall and BAMC) and we also loved it. (San Antonio, NOT residency, which sucked the bog wazoo) Welcome to the boards and this is a great resource to have as you start the residency journey.

We have plenty of people here who will be joining you in this journey, so post often.

Jenn

Comment

Welcome!

I am Crystal. Stay home mother to 2- Emma 3, and Brigham 18 mos. My hubby, Matt is an R4 in anesthesiology. He has 4 months left until he is working in the real world. We're not counting down or anything. Anesthesia is a great specialty, but then again I am a little biased.

Glad to have you here.

Crystal
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                  X