Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Newbie from Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Arkansas

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this message board. I wish I had found it four years ago. It would have been nice to have during med school.

I'm Mere (35), my partner is Jess (26), and we have a 2-year old daughter. Jess is an M4 at University of Arkansas Medical Sciences in Little Rock and found out that her suicide match was successful. She will be doing her residency in Internal Medicine here at UAMS (Yay!). I am a scientific technical writer (I have an MS in biology and work for a company that writes reports for the NIH), but I long for the day when I can be a SAHM.

The past four years have been challenging and I know the years ahead will hold their own challenges. I'm glad that I have a place that I come to for support now. I look forward to getting to know you.

Re: Newbie from Arkansas

Originally posted by quiltpucks
    She will be doing her residency in Internal Medicine here at UAMS (Yay!).
    Yay for not moving, and congrats on matching!

I am a scientific technical writer (I have an MS in biology and work for a company that writes reports for the NIH), but I long for the day when I can be a SAHM.
    Ooh, how'd you get into that line of work?

I hope you find this site to be a good source of support! I know that I am always glad that it's here when I need it.
    Alison

Comment

Hi welcome.
      What's a "suicide match" ??
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Welcome! I too have to wonder what a suicide match is, but I'm figuring that it's something my DH will be pursuing this time next year...

Comment

Thank you for the welcome!

A suicide match is ranking only one program. Jess had interviews at several programs, but decided that she only wanted to go to UAMS. It's risky, so she was pretty confident that she would match. But she was prepared to scramble if it came to that. Fortunately, it didn't (whew!).

Comment

Glad to hear that the suicide match went well. My fingernails would have been nubbins.

Comment

Welcome! Watch out, as this site is addictive...but a wonderful resource.
              -Amber
              Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
              Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Welcome and post often!

Comment

Welcome, I hope you find this site as comforting and supportive as I do . Congratulations on not having to move.
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

This has been plaguing me - what is a "quiltpuck"? Is this something to do with quilting? (yes, I'm clueless! )

Comment

quiltpuck is the name I came up with when I first got online oh so many years ago (pre-child, even pre-relationship). Back then, it stood for my two favorite hobbies - quilting and hockey.

Of course, my favorite hobbies have changed - now its more like dd and sewing. But it's the name I've always used, so I've never changed it. If I registered under a different user name, I'd probably forget what it was.

Comment

Mere,

Congratualations on the match. I know how you feel. My husband and I closed on a new house about two weeks before the match, and only ranked one program as well. Glad it worked out for you too.

Welcome.

Emily

Comment

Working...
                        X