Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello All.
    I was introduced to your website several months ago and think it's finally time to post and introduce myself. My fiancee (Alan) will be starting med school in the fall, we've been dating for 3 1/2 years and lived together for one. We've currently been apart for 9 months because I'm living in China and teaching English. Alan came to see me in Feb which is when he proposed. I don't know where we'll be living yet because DF just got rejected from his #1 choice (which was close to my friends and family) so we'll either be at GW in DC or NY in Vallhalla. I think DF is leaning towards DC so, anyone in the DC area have suggestions of where to look for housing? I return in June and we'll need to find an apartment ASAP! I've been searching the internet trying to find nice apartments to get my mind off moving away, after a year in China I was so excited to move home again! Oh well, "everything happens for a reason" right. Well, I think that's enough from me for now, looking forward to the continued support this site provides. Nice to "meet" you all ~Amy

Welcome Amy! I'd love to hear about your time in China; it sounds exciting. I'm sure you are eager to be home though. D.C. is a great city. If you end up there, we have members that know it well. Good luck!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Welcome, Amy! We're currently in DC so PM me if you want more info....we're leaving this summer after five years but I can certainly give you some tips!

Comment

Hey Amy-

I'm in DC as well- the area around GW is great, but it's full of undergrad housing. There are a ton of places nearby and some really fun neighborhoods to check out. I'm all for the be in the city, loose the car, take the Metro/bike/walk to work and experience the convenience.

We live in the SW section of DC, my husband works in the NW section of the city. He occasionally drives but also likes to ride his bike and to take the Metro.

Immediately around GW is Georgetown (way too expensive to rent), Penn quarter, and to the south is Roslyn/Arlington in Virginia. Capitol Hill is fun, Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan are also fun areas that have apartments. They are more restaurant and nightlife oriented than our neighborhood.

PM me with any questions you might have! We'll be here for another year.

Jenn

Comment

Amy,

Welcome - not in DC but my DH and I did the distance thing once too. Welcome aboard!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
          X