Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Time to introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to introduce myself

:chat: I guess it's time since I've been lurking and decided to respond to a post at last. I'm definitely wishing I'd found this site MUCH sooner in our medical adventure. No one knows the heartache/joys of being a docs wife/hubby like another docs spouse. My hubby is an Army Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) resident in his 5th and final (I hope) year. We have 4 children who contribute to our medical experience by making my time fly. Having lost myself in raising our kids (primarily alone, of course), I don't have many hobbies outside of child-rearing duties. I do love to lose myself in good books, movies & conversation (particularly with other doc wives who can commiserate ). I suppose that sums up who I am. I look forward to reading about each of you!

Sara

Nice to meet you Sara! Welcome - I knew there were lurkers out there. About me: I'm *now* the wife of an attending. Yeah! I found this site late too - when my husband was in his 2nd year of fellowship in gynecologic oncology. I have 2 kids (now school-aged) born and raised during training. I have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience, teach occasionally but mostly I'm SAHM. During this past year, I've started up a freelance writing business. We'll see where that goes.

Post often - it's good therapy!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Welcome Sara. I am Luanne, wife of attending Pulmonary/Critical Care /Internal Medicine. I'm an RN and also I'm in graduate school for my Nurse Practitioner. We have 4 children (2 each) 19,20,21,&22. We are the old folks and the problems are the same!!!
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome to another Military Medicine Spouse. Where are you all doing your training? We're at Walter Reed for another year or so- then who know! (Well, hopefully someone does, but experience tells me that probably not yet!)

Glad you found us!

Jenn

Comment

Hey, Sara! I'm glad you posted! It's good to see you here! You'll find that there are a LOT of people on this site that can relate to your own life.

Jennifer
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Thanks for all the posts! I'm in San Antonio and love it here. We'll be moving next summer with the military and I'll be sorry to leave (but not sorry to be done with residency!). They'll be changing the two military hospitals here in the coming years so I'm not sure what life would be like for my hubby, but I'd love to "settle" here. One of my monkeys needs me...so I'd better go! Have a great day!

Sara

Comment

Hey Sara-

Both Sally and I had the pleasure of residency in San Antonio. Hopefully we'll be heading back there next year.

Jenn

Comment

Welcome to the forums! It is cool that you raise monkeys!! (just kidding, of course!)

We are in the first year of our military committment, we came straight from civilian life. It has been an eye opening experience, to say the least.

Again, welcome, we all look forward to hearing about you and yours.

Comment

Hi Sara,

As Jenn told you, DH did his residency in San Antonio from '97 to '01, and then we headed to Sheppard AFB in north Texas for his payback, which he finished at the end of May. We LOVED San Antonio, and hated our time in Wichita Falls. I hope to hear more about you as you post!

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                  X