Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm so old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so old

that my original introductory post is gone! (circa Feb, 2001!)

So, here's the nutshell version:

Jenn (one of many) married to an Army child neurology fellow. We're in DC where we have 7 months left of this hideously horrible educational experience known as fellowship. (and if that's not a misnomer...)

anyway, we're parents to Nikolai who is in the throes of toddlerhood. Bumps, bruises and scrapes, along with the "I can do it all by myself" bad attitude.

I used to get paid to put up with bad attitudes, however I'm currently a SAHM. My previous life was working with and for people with developmental disabilities. (Intellectual disabilities according to the hoo-ha people at the AAMR. Like when are they going to learn that labels are labels and are therefore inherently offensive...)

I'm a crazy east coast, ethical humanist, tree-hugging liberal. I'm pro-choice, anti-gun, pro-affirmative action, anti-Artic drilling, pro-dem, (although I have the hots for John McCain AND Bill Clinton. and Hillary, too.) and I dye my hair. (now, it used to be red, now it's kinda beige. Who wants beige hair? So- it's 'enhanced'.)

I love this group of people with a rare passion- because if it's 3am and I'm pissed off and feeling sorry for myself, I know that I can post that and in five minutes, someone else on at 3am will have answered me.

Jenn

Welcome Jenn!

We're glad you're here. Jump right in!

Seriously, this is fun....I'll have to come up with one.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Re: I'm so old

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Oh, come on down, I'll show you the fun part of town!

I'm a native so I know all of the cool spots.

Jenn

PS- Amy Denise and I are gonna hook up for coffee soon, so feel free to come meet us. PM me and I'll let you know the details if you're around next Tuesday. (and to the rest of you---hahahaha- I'm once again going to be the medspouse who has met the most people!)

Comment

Thanks for posting this Jenn. It is nice for those of us who don't know you from the "old" days.

I think I may post a more detailed, updated, introduction of myself.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I found this website at 2am while sitting lonely and bored in our apartment in San Antonio during my husband's internship year. (he did a peds residency prior to the unfellowship)

Oh, man, have we seen it all. Some people come and find us and get the support through the rough spots and then disappear, others of us find ourselves checking in here first thing, others come and go. I can't tell you how many servers we've crashed- we've been hijakced for spam, we've had ghost posters who like to start a load of stuff and then watch the fireworks, you name it.

Regardless, it was a stroke of genius of Kris to start this whole ball rolling.

Misery DOES love company!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
              Misery DOES love company!
              Jenn
              My mantra - right along with "The most important thing is to establish blame."

Comment

Oh my, I am old too. My intro is no longer. According to the website I have over 3000 posts and we know that was after a couple of crashes!!!!!
                I joined in 2001, several months after I got married. I just had my fifth anniversary last week. I was then a new wife, two teenage daughters and a teenage stepdaughter and a teenage stepson. Life has been a rollercoaster. I am a nurse, and I am in graduate school pursuing my Masters/Nurse Practitioner and plan to work with my husband. My DH is an Attending, triple boarded Internal Medicine/Pulmonary/Critical Care. (Sue C's DH is the same thing!!). I'm sorry Jenn, but I plan to be the member who has met the most members!!!!!!

You people are the best. I know my marriage would not have lasted without this site. Kris, I wish I could back up and send you all of the therapy copays!!!!!!!
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

AND, if you think Jenn is pro-choice/left/Dem/anti gun multiply by 10 for me!!!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                  X