Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New member...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member...

Hi. It's good to be here. I have been lurking for a short time but I find it interesting to read your stories!

About us, no kids and newlyweds. Spouse is the intern going into a lifestyle field, well it is supposed to be. Anyway, it has been great aside from the training and my career as it is sort of on hold during this intern year. We can't wait to get settled in our new location in a few months. I have an interview in the new city next next week so wish me luck!

Laker
    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Welcome!! Good luck with the job opportunity!

You'll find lots of people here to help, make you laugh, and bounce ideas off of in various parts of med school/training/and beyond.

Post often and tell us more about yourself if you are so inclined!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome! I always like to meet the lurkers.

Congratulations on making it through both the newlywed phase and intern year. What line of work are you in?
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I am an attorney. Can't wait to get my first real job as such. I have been clerking for a small law firm until we get to where we are going. I am only licensed in that state.

Comment

Oof, we avoided the categorical match because changing locations after just a year sounded so tough! Kudos for getting through it, good luck finding a good job, and welcome!
          Alison

Comment

Laker -- does this name mean you are an NBA fan?

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome, I also like to meet the lurkers!!!
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                Laker -- does this name mean you are an NBA fan?

Yes, but a Pistons fan. Laker doesn't have any specific meaning to me other than I love the water!

Comment

Originally posted by alison_in_oh
                  Oof, we avoided the categorical match because changing locations after just a year sounded so tough! Kudos for getting through it, good luck finding a good job, and welcome!
                  It has worked out well for us. We are living very near where we both grew up and attended school. Also, we wanted a transitional year program.

Comment

Working...
                  X