Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

i'm ENGAGED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm ENGAGED!!!

hey guys. my boyfriend of over 6 years proposed last night!!! i had NO clue! now i feel a little more at home on this website!!! i'm SO EXCITED!! thanks for the support!!!

What a coincidence, my DH also proposed just before med school. Congratulations, and I'm glad you feel more at home here (though we welcome anybody affected by the lifestyle of a medical partner!)
    Alison

Comment

Congratuations!!!!! Post often!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

that is a coincedence!!! thanks for the sweet messages! when did you guys get married?

Comment

Congratulations and best wishes on your engagement! :---

Comment

okay some of you have asked me how it happened!!! hehee, i'm such a girl

so a couple of days ago he asked me out to dinner (i thought it was a 'thank you' dinner for being out of town for the past 3 weekends going on second look weekends at medical schools). so we are graduating in may and have made a list of things we want to do before we leave knoxville. one of them was to eat at dressy little tapas bar near campus.

so we got all dressed up and went there. right before we were going to leave he asked me if i would like to go take a walk in a local park (it's an absolutely beautiful park) and i was super happy b/c i wanted to go there one more time before we graduated too! so he was like "bring some shoes you can walk in"

so we ate dinner (it was great) and head to the park. when we get there we start to take a stroll down by the river and had walked for about 20 minutes.

he kinda stopped and turned to me and pulled my hand and said "actually i brought you out here for a reason" (i had NO clue what was going on...i thought he had some bad news or something). and then he said "you know i love you and i want to spend the rest of my life with you"...got on one knee pulled out the ring from his pocket and popped the question.

all i remember was dropped my purse, my mouth was wide open and i just started crying. heheee, it still hasn't sunk in yet! but i am so happy!!!

thanks so much for all the sweet comments!!!

Comment

that is so sweet....congrats
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Aww, what a sweet story.

We were married the summer after first year, nearly three years ago.
                Alison

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear about the wedding planning details!
                    Danielle
                    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Yeah! We always need some members planning weddings!

Congratulations!
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Yay!!! Congrats!!

:dance

I am so happy for you!!! Keep us posted on the plans and make sure we see pics..

Cheryl
                        Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

That is a great story! Congratulations.
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Congrats! And what a cute engagement story! Have so much fun planning your wedding and hopefully raising a puppy! We got one last fall and it has been a ball raising him together.

Comment

Working...
                            X