Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New introduction

Hi all,

Like a lot of others, I wish I'd found this site years ago. I'm married to a peds surgery fellow, and it feels like we've been in training forever and then some. In a former life I was a kindergarten teacher, but now I'm a SAHM to two beautiful girls.

I've read some of the other stories on the forum and feel like I could have written a lot of them myself...surgery sucks...fellowship sucks...

With DH on call so much lately, I've been longing for some adult conversation and look forward to getting to know others here.
    Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Welcome,

We're peds surg fellowship bound in June 2007. I've heard that it is pretty brutal. Although I suspect that it is hard to discern what stems from the requirements of the program and what stems from the individual. I'd post more, but my story is all over this board already.
    I look forward to meeting you more in depth.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

How many more years do you have? Welcome! Surgery is brutal ... my dh started it and then WE (read: evil, whiny, forceful me) came to the decision that there was more to life than medicine. I applaud all of you who stand by folks in that speciality.

I love your screen name BTW. Is it a nod to the kid's book of the same title (one of my faves)?

Comment

Welcome, glad to have you, post often!
        Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
        Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Jenn, I did choose my screen name from the children's book. It's one of my favorites, too!

Surgery is brutal ... my dh started it and then WE (read: evil, whiny, forceful me) came to the decision that there was more to life than medicine.
          *Sigh.* I wish that we'd done the same years ago. Had I known the toll surgery residency, research, and fellowship would take on our family and marriage, I would have run screaming in the other direction.

Comment

Welcome! It's good to have you on the board. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Welcome, so happy you found us. We are a wonderful group if I may say so. We range all over the place in location, age, years of indentured servitude (Is that a word or state of being?) I also look forward to getting to know you.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Nice to meet you and welcome!

Comment

Thanks everyone, for such a warm welcome. This site is soooo addictive! I've spent way too much time on here already (and really should be doing other things instead!). :chat:

Comment

Welcome Dandelion! This is an addictive place. You have been warned. I hope to see you around often.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Surgery DOES suck. I'm right there with you on that one.

Hang in there and post often!
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                      X