Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

About me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About me

Hi all,

Just adding an intro for myself here. I'm a male "medical spouse" in the Pacific Northwest, where my wife is completing a three-year residency in pediatrics. We have been married for two years and have no children as yet. I work outside the medical profession, and am currently a tech support manager and web designer for an internet advertising agency. Previously, I worked in the the world of arts administration (live theatre) for several years after getting my bachelor's degree in Theatre Arts. Needless to say, my wife's world is very different from what I was used to before we got together, and it's been an amazing eye-opener to see what doctors have to go through. I have a newfound respect (and concern!) for people who choose that profession, as well as for the spouses and families who love and support them. I hope you find this group as helpful as I have

I forgot to include: my first name is Chris.

Comment

Hey there, Chris I didn't know that you had worked in the theatre....what did you do there? I did community theatre for years back in my pre-children days.

Welcome to the group!

Kris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Where in the pacific Northwest?

Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome Chris!!!

Christy
          MD Spouses Support Forums

Comment

Luanne: I live in Portland. Why, do you live nearby?

-Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

No, I don't live nearby but my daughter is in Vancouver right now at "snowboarding camp"!!!! She said it is so beautiful she is never coming home. Oh to be 16 again. We live in Pennington, New Jersey.
              Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Chris!

Comment

Thanks everyone, for the hellos!

Kris, I forgot to answer you way back when... that's really cool that you did community theatre! What kind of involvement? I studied theatre at the University of Colorado at Boulder, then was the box office manager for the Colorado Shakespeare Festival for several years. Then I worked in the administrative office for a local theatre in Portland. Over the years, I did everything from stage managing children's shows at a community theatre to costume design and other technical work to ticket sales, pretty much everything accept acting professionally. I miss that whole other world!

Luanne, Vancouver, Washington, or Vancouver, B.C.?

-Chris

Comment

B.C.

Luanne
                    Luanne

Comment

Working...
                    X