Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Updates! ( 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Robin I will tell you that I much prefer the cold to the heat--i have a "brand" of George Washington's head from a quarter I sat on that had been left on my car seat for 8 hours.

My addage is you can always put more clothes on but there is a legal limit (thank god) as to how much you can take off.

I love it here and we actually live in the City so we are pretty sheltered--from the heated apartment to the heated garage to the heated car to the heated skyways to our heated offices. I could not live here if I had to trek in from the burbs

And Kaaren as far as 104 in AZ--That ain't nothing--the second to the last summer I was there they had to close the airport because--get this--the tarmac was melting. Now that is just too damned hot

Comment

My addage is you can always put more clothes on but there is a legal limit (thank god) as to how much you can take off.

hahaha!

Kris

The Medical Spouse Network

Comment

Well, congrats to everyone who has survived this year, no matter where you are in the process!

I know I certainly underestimated the stress this lifestyle can add to one's life! Thanks to everyone here for sharing so that we all know that we're not alone and someone has lived this all before!

As for the weather- we're mid-90's and will only get hotter. Last September it was 115. Now, that's just stupidly hot.

Jenn

Comment

HOT! Well, the tables will be turned in a few months when we live through our first Minnesota winter! I'll have to check in and see what temp. you guys have then

Kris

Comment

Well, I guess I am at a different place in this "medical life". My husband has been in private practice for quite a few years. We each have two children, 18,17,16 and 15. We live in New Jersey, He is a Pulmonologist and I am and RN (ER and ENDO). We have been married for 6 months so I feel like a "new" medical spouse. We both work in Princeton, and live about 5 miles outside of Princeton.

Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Luanne!

I live in Canada, and my husband of almost ten years is a recently launched radiologist (two years out of residency). Interestingly, I was born in Princeton! My mother talks about how nice that town way and how she used to see Alberta Einstein walking on campus to his office.

We used to live on Wheatsheaf Lane. Doesn't that sound peaceful?

Janet

Comment

Doesn't Luanne sound like the busiest mom you know? 18,17,16,15!!!! I don't know how she does it! Really, Luanne, I am impressed.

Kris
                The Medical Spouse Network

Comment

Working...
                X