Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

introducing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introducing..

hello!

i would firstly like to thank Kris for sending me this link, this forum is an excellent idea.

My name is Tegan and i am engaged to Ari, a neurosurgery registrar. We are living in a more rural part of Australia at the momennt while Ari does a contract wtih the royal flying doctor service. We have other 6 months here and then it will be back to sydney so he can finish his training and i can do some work (read: start!) my PhD.

I have never really lived in a community like this before. In sydney i very much had my own work and circle of friends. Here, it is very different and somewhat isolating. There is not a huge amount of work for physicists in this part of town. So it is comforting to know that there is a support network in this forum.

your all good )

Tegan

Hi Tegan...I'm so glad that you made it over! You are living the ultimate adventure! It probably doesn't seem like it though right now! I know that when Thomas and I first moved to Portadown, I felt very isolated because it was so small and we didn't know anyone. He was quite busy with his work as an SHO, and when the "troubles" started back up I felt pretty akward. At the time I didn't consider it much of an adventure, but when I look back on it, I do.

What will you be doing your PhD in when you all get back to Sydney....a couple of us here are in the middle of writing/defending or studying for our masters! I am getting ready to defend my MS in molecular bio.....(gag...just the thought of defending makes me feel queezy!)

We all have a lot of fun here and I think this is a really good group of people. We have cried on each other's cyber shoulders and laughed at the funny jokes....truly a great group of people... Welcome!

Kris
    The Medical Spouse Network

Comment

Welcome Tegan!

I can only somewhat understand your isolation issue- we moves from a city of 5 million people to a very small town in the Midwest where we are 3 hours away from a major airport. We live 10 hour's drive from "home" where are families are. But, we only have 2 months (exactly today) until we move back to a city-- just outside new York City!

Good luck with starting your PhD! I'm working very slowly on my Master's, but I'm finding that I don't love being a student quite as much as my husband does!

I assume that a registrar is akin to a resident in the US? How much longer until he finishes?

Glad to have you join us!

Wendy

Comment

Working...
      X