Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi.... ( 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Crystal,

My daughter wants to go to college in Colorado. She is 16, a high school junior and loves to snowboard!!!! My oldest is 17 and starts Penn State in September.

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

aaaggghhh, now I'm feeling really old, 43 with two teenagers!!

Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I hear life begins at 40 Just think...you'll have your girls out in college and are young and will be able to travel, etc!!

Kris

Comment

We loved Ivar's! That is where the UW Anesthesia program took us out to dinner the night before Matt's interview. It was so yummy- they have the best salmon we have ever eaten.

Crystal
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Salmon.........yum, yum, yum!!!

Kris

Comment

That is so true that you can't get good seafood in Denver! I spent most, if not all, of my childhood (15 yrs) growing up next to or near an ocean. So when my parents moved to Colorado I went through fresh seafood and ocean withdrawal! There are two restaurants in the Denver area that serve decent seafood- The Fresh Fish, Co. They have their seafood flown in fresh daily, but the place is expensive! I have eaten there a handful of times, and enjoyed it, but it is too costly for me. The other place is the Chart House, they too have their stuff flown in daily, but again it is an expensive place. We went to the Chart House in Portland, have to say that it is better than the one in Denver (duh!). The anes. program took Matt and the other interviewees there for lunch. Well we have a point card that we signed up for due to getting a free meal or something nice like that. None of the residents had a point card, so Matt asked if he could put this $450 lunch on his point card- we ended up being only $15 away from a free meal. The next day Matt took me there for lunch. =-) We got a certificate in the mail for our free dinner.

Matt promised me that where ever we went for anesthesia it would be a short drive to (1-2 hrs) or near an ocean. I am really excited to move to Seattle. We keep reading and hearing good things about the city, and about the program there (ie- there is no butt-kissing to the attendings, everyone is on a first name basis, etc.)

Crystal
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Yeah, we had really great crab legs there -- the best I've ever had. You just don't get good, fresh seafood like that in a landlocked state.

Comment

I need to get in here too to welcome Crystal ... Welcome! I have really enjoyed hearing about places in the west. I am in Arizona right now and my husband is in his 4th year of med. school. He just finished his anesthesia rotation and now is seriouslyconsidering changing specialties. He loves general surgery but is worried about lifestyle so... I am frantically researching anesthesia residencies and Colorado is one of our top choices. My husband grew up in Boulder but decided to go to Brigham Young Univ. to be a little farther from family for awhile. He also spent a lot of time as a kid at UCHS because his dad had cancer and was treated there. He is working on setting up an externship there so maybe he will see your husband.

I am from southern Oregon (a little dinky town outside of Medford called Eagle Point) though I lived a few summers in Oregon City with my aunt and uncle. I love it out there too! Housing has gotten so outrageous there though and I have heard Seattle is even worse so I am not sure we are going to go that direction. It is absolutely beautiful though and my sister-in-law wouldn't live anywhere else!

Again welcome and congrats on expecting baby #1!!!!

Robin

Comment

Working...
                  X