Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Well, my husband is not as far along in his medical career as most of yours. He just started his third year of medical school. I am a 29 year old SAHM and due to have our third child in September. I knew that this journey would be difficult, but I really did not expect my husband to be absent as much as he has been. I also have heard that it will not get any better so I guess better get used to it. I hope to gain a lot of in-site and support from the more experienced spouses. Hope to get to everyone!!

Autumn

Autumn,

Welcome!.....It is true...doctors work a LOT! But take heart...it does get better. I think third year is very hard because you aren't used to them taking call and the absence is really a shock...particularly when you're raising kids...we had three during residency and so I do know what you are going through. (Congrats on baby #3, by the way...ours is definately the easy-going, care-free, happy child of the family ). Internship year is another tough one, but depending on your husband's chosen field, it usually improves drastically after that with every year.

My husband just finished a fellowship and is now in a "real" job. We chose the job based on our need to spend more time together and I have to say...that I see him alot now! (I am actually so used to being alone at night that I sometimes crave that alone time now...don't tell him ). We have been going on family outings almost every weekend...we just finished a day trip to a pioneer park and a day trip to the national forest to hike and swim in the lake...things unheard of during training!

This is a wonderful group of people who have cheered with me during the good times and have been a shoulder to cry on when I was struggling to cope. Welcome to the group!

Kris

Comment

Welcome! I am a relatively new member to this board as well and I have found it to be an invaluable resource. We're glad that you found us!

I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome Autumn! Glad to have you!

Wendy

Comment

Welcome Autumn, I'm also relatively new here, and I find it a great place.

Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My husband and I are expecting a child on September 17th. It is our first.

Welcome.

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

Welcome! Everyone here is nice and friendly, and very helpful! I am due with our first child the first week of January. So maybe I can gain some insight from you as well!

Crystal
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Hi Autumn. Welcome to the board. Congrats on baby #3. It is a lot of work having kids when our hubbies are in med school but it is worth it! I have four boys. The 4th one came at the beginning of our second year of med school and he is almost two. I miss my husband being home more but I keep telling myself that it is the quality of time!

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Robin

Comment

Hi Autumn, just checking in.....you are due in September and I wanted to see how things are going?!

Let us know when the baby is born!!!!

Kris

Comment

hey there welcome and glad you found us

Comment

Thank you for the wonderful welcomes. I'm sorry that I have not been posting, but home life has been a little hectic lately. I have started homeschooling my oldest son this year ( he is in K) and we are still trying to figure what learning style works best for him. I'm only homeschooling this year and maybe next year because my husband has half of his rotations out of state and we would like to travel around with him.

I still have not had the baby yet but I am hoping that it happens any day now!!!

Autumn

Comment

Welcome Autumn!

- Rachel

Comment

Autumn,

Wow...you are preparing to have your third baby and are homeschooling. I'm impressed!!! I'm interested in hearing about the kinds of things that you do with him. I don't formally homeschool my children (and I wouldn't have the motivation or ability to do it consistently) but I do put together some educational projects for them...I'd love to compare notes sometime.

You'll have to keep us posted on the arrival of baby #3...I am wishing you a quick labor and an epidural

Kris

Comment

Working...
                          X