Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Intro (or re-intro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro (or re-intro)

(This was my first post here back in fall of 2001, but I had been around another med spouse website or two before that and knew Kris and some others from there. I will update my intro under my original......)

Hi all,

I am back after an absence of a few months. My name is Sally and my husband is an OB/GYN, newly finished with residency, thank God! He is now paying back (4 years) the Air Force for the money they spent on him for medical school. We have two boys, ages 6 and 3, with another boy set to make his appearance around the middle of September. We have just had a strange/wonderful summer, filled with lots of time together and with our families, but also filled with goodbyes to our old friends and adjustments to a much smaller city -- not exactly our preference. I hope to get back to posting on this board, but with the baby coming, I can make no promises!

Well, now I am a mom to three boys, aged 10, 7, and 4, and they keep me VERY busy. DH and I are Indiana natives, and live in a small town (suburb) just west of Indianapolis, after spending 8 years in TX for residency and Air Force payback. My husband is an OB/Gyn in a multi-specialty group (mostly FPs) and really likes it so far. I have mostly been a SAHM since my oldest son was born, (I have a music education degree) but have worked part time at various things (childcare, private music teacher, music asst. at my church, elementary teacher) most of the years I have been "home". I am considering my options and will most likely be heading back to school as a student, teacher, or both in the next few years. I am a pro-life, anti-death penalty, anti-gun, pro-social programs and EDUCATION moderate Republican, but I would change teams for the right Democrat, if they ever let a pro-life dem come to the surface. I am not an atheist and attend church every Sunday, and have for most of my life. I am not crafty, I sing and play the piano well, I love to read, and if something ever happens to my family, I will become a crazy hermit woman with tons of cats, because I adore them. Right now we have two. I respect and admire the people I have met through this group and don't know where I'd be without them!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Sally,

Congratulations on the baby!!! We have three children as well, and I have to say that having our third was the absolute best thing that we ever did! It has been the most wonderful experience. I don't know if it is just because I was more relaxed as a mother, or that the baby received so much attention from my older two...but he is so much fun....he isn't a baby anymore though...he's already 2 1/2!

So did the air force transfer you after your dh finished residency? We just moved to start the "real" job too, and it is so stressful starting over. Are you guys living on base right now? I grew up on a variety of military bases because my dad was in the Army...it does provide you with a community feeling...

Well, welcome back....and good luck with baby #3. Keep us posted!

Kris

Comment

welcome,

Congratulations on baby number 3. I always wanted 4 girls!!!!

I have two girls and a stepdaughter & stepson, 3 of them drive!!!!! Where are you living now, on a base?

Luanne

Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome back Sally.

Good luck with baby #3! What an exciting time for you! Boys are wonderful. I have 4 of them myself!

You have had so many changes in such a short time but I bet it is great having your hubby around more. All the best!!!

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Robin

Comment

Welcome to the board, Sally! My fiance has also been recruited by the air force. Right now, he's a fourth year medical student so we still have a long way to go.

Congrats on the new baby! I look forward to getting to know you.

- Rachel

Comment

Hey Sally-

Where are you guys? I guess you left SA? Are you staying in after the 4 years? We owe 7 so we're in for the long haul.

Kris- maybe we need a section for military medical spouses? We get the added bonus of the military stuff, too!

Jenn

PS- welcome back, Sally

Comment

Great idea Jenn....you wanna moderate it and I'll open it!!!

Kris

Comment

Sure- what do I have to do?

Jenn

Comment

I'll set it up and email you the moderator's forum password. I'll put up a temporary name, etc. and you are welcome to change it if you want...just let me know.

Kris

Comment

Too funny to read this four years later!!! I guess I never really liked Wichita Falls, even at the beginning.

I miss Robin Crawford....I always wonder what happened to her.

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Wow, this is fun! I'll try to look mine up if I can find it. This completely puts a perspective on how time flies and we evolve.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sally, even funnier is that I actually thought you were re-introducing yourself at first....and then for a second I thought you were pregnant until I realized it said baby #3.

It's amazing how time flies, isn't it!

kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Me too Kris!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                          X